*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the geeky OcUk forum and there are no pics.

I am disappoint!!!!

Please learn from these errors and sort it out, otherwise I'll have to sweet talk Will into handing out Mega 1000 point infraction :D

This is the geeky OcUk forum and there are no pics.

I am disappoint!!!!

Please learn from these errors and sort it out, otherwise I'll have to sweet talk Will into handing out Mega 1000 point infraction :D

From what I've gathered in my short while here, the Sports Section is not even related to OCUK in general.

The topics in here consist of women, food and squatting; or in Monkee's life of young boys. Hehe

There's payg parking - but you have to park in the correct area either along esmond road or rockland road - but in the p&d areas - winthorpe road doesn't have any p&d parking.

For the app you have to register your car reg, and then you just enter the pay & display code (I think it's 10051 for that area?) - and you'll be able to park there.

Sorry to keep going on, but with the app i guess its all linked in with the traffic wardens, as there is no way from looking at the car that you would know i've paid. I don't want to end up thinking i've got it working only to find i've been given a ticket!

I never got a ticket - I think it's linked to their hand held terminals. If you look on the side of the meter it has a number you can ring.

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/473/street_parking-zones/359/parkmobile/1

Here's what's on the side of hte parking meter (ok I know it's not Wandsworth, but the system is the same):

http://www.newforest.gov.uk/media/articleimage/n/r/parkmobile320x196.jpg

It works well - means I can just enter my location, and go. It reminds you when your time is almost up too.

From what I've gathered in my short while here, the Sports Section is not even related to OCUK in general.

The topics in here consist of women, food and squatting; or in Monkee's life of young boys. Hehe

aka - Normal people section :D

Young boy discussions and dodgy topics should be moved to GD :p

[TW]Sponge;19332539 said:
I think she may not agree with me getting my camera out:(

Then there is a clearly a problem with your Ninja and Alpha confidence skills.

For the first point I recommend a a 50-250mm zoom lens on a D-SLR covered by a sweat towel.

For the second point you should squat a lot more whilst making manly grunting noises.

:D

Then there is a clearly a problem with your Ninja and Alpha confidence skills.

For the first point I recommend a a 50-250mm zoom lens on a D-SLR covered by a sweat towel.

keyring20camera.jpg

All this lady talk reminds me of a girl that came into the first gym i trained at. Amazing body.

She used to come in and do stretches/yoga on the mat next to the freeweights area. If you remember when you where a kid, some people used to do the crab position, you know the one - hands and feet on the floor with an arched back with stomach facing the sky. She always used to do this with leggings on, you could see everything - a real nice beetle bonnet:)

Ah the memories....

Absolutely fuming. Walked down to what was the 'local' esporta to ask about membership fees, expecting to join there and cancel my hotel gym one. They got some woman down to talk to me who said there is a flat rate for students of £45 a month for all access any time membership. Great i thought as im paying £40 for a crappy gym at the moment. Then she said theres a small admin fee on your first month so it will make it £50 first month then £45 from then on. Went and got the paper for me to sign then when i actually read it it was a £50 admin fee and then £45 a month. So i'd end up paying £140 for 2 months membership. Told her that was downright ridiculous and walked out. :mad:

Absolutely fuming. Walked down to what was the 'local' esporta to ask about membership fees, expecting to join there and cancel my hotel gym one. They got some woman down to talk to me who said there is a flat rate for students of £45 a month for all access any time membership. Great i thought as im paying £40 for a crappy gym at the moment. Then she said theres a small admin fee on your first month so it will make it £50 first month then £45 from then on. Went and got the paper for me to sign then when i actually read it it was a £50 admin fee and then £45 a month. So i'd end up paying £140 for 2 months membership. Told her that was downright ridiculous and walked out. :mad:

Damn right! Make do with what you have mate!

The staff in the hotel gym are all very friendly and hell one is a Mr.Ireland winning Bodybuilder. He just looks sad when he sees me maxing out every single thing they have and not looking like it's worth the effort.

He's been nagging their management to get a power rack and olympic bar for months. Fingers crossed they actually listen.
As the last I heard the manager wanted to spend 8000 on an ab crunch machine.....

Was really looking forward to training there though :( huuuge weight sarea, sauna, pool, new gymnastic rings set, staff i know, the works! Compared to 2 multi use benches, a smith machine, a barbell and a few crappy dumbells. Plus a 30 minute walk each way/tough bike ride (if i even had a bike anymore). Tempted to pack it in and use my mates garage gym twice a week max and just try maintain till im back at uni in september.

. Went and got the paper for me to sign then when i actually read it it was a £50 admin fee and then £45 a month. So i'd end up paying £140 for 2 months membership. Told her that was downright ridiculous and walked out. :mad:

I just joined fit4less in Inverness. £25 joining fee which includes your first month, then £16.99 a month, no contract.

Don't know if they've anything similar where you are but worth checking out.

only gyms within reasonable distance of me are the 2 ive mentioned. i could get the bus to a better one but then id end up spending £3.50 every time i go. which at 3 times a week makes the cost ridiculous aswell

Did you ask her to waive the joining/admin fee? I've never known a gym that hasn't backed down on this if you kick up a bit of a fuss.

Yeah i said theres no way ive got the money for that, she said thats the best i can do and theyve just lowered the joining fee so i was lucky... I may ring up and kick up a fuss later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom