*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Beans on toast? How droll!

Two tins of beans heated with a can on tuna mixed in, there's a quick snack.

I'm going to have to cut back on my meals the next few weeks since I'm out of commission and can't even for walks. ugh.

Caporegime
posting this here also just in case you miss it in other thread

just thought i would post this deal

http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/c...ce1&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email

2.5kg of protein for £23.99

out of date slightly but lets be honest, there will be zero difference to taste / quality, a lot of these dates are put there just to be safe.

free delivery

free t shirt if you spend over £40

free t shirt and free protein worth £29.99 if you spend over £100

i swear to god i dont work for these guys, i just got the email lol

Soldato
Just got back from the gym. A bloke came in and started doing bicep curls with the barbell in the squat rack. Not even real bicep curls, he was throwing them forward and not even doing a full rep. I wanted to die inside :(

The gym I am having to use at the moment only has those 10KG barbells, not the 20kg olympic ones! Not only that but the plates are smaller than normal as well.

Squats like this arn't too bad as it's just a weight across your upper back, benchpressing is annoying using a skinny bar but I will get used to it for now. It's the deadlifts that get to me, the bar seems be closer to the floor than normal because of the smaller plates and I've noticed my back hurts after doing a set. Not sure what to do?

I supposed I could put 2 plates on top of each other on the floor and rest the bar/plates on them, but it's a really busy gym and that would mean taking up 4 extra plates!

Luckily I only have 8 more weeks of this gym :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Andrew mate, screw the rest of them, put those plates under the others and do it right.

Take it from me, I recently pinched a nerve cluster in my spine and I'm out of commission for easily a month, if everything goes 100% well in the healing and rehab.

If it's hurting your back or feeling uncomfortable, fix it.
You can also try and use two of those aerobic steps and put the stuff on that.
When the bar is so far down, your lumbar spine area automatically curve, that's when injuries happen.

It happened to me with just a 25kg plates putting it down, and I can't even get out of bed in the morning without help it's that painful.

Don't take chances, I was lucky I didn't get a stress fracture or slip a disk.

Soldato
Agreed with Nightmare, even though I really dislike him! *shakes fist at sig*

If it's bad for your back, you can't go putting other people's convenience before your safety or health.

Caporegime
Really...I do not understand the whole biceps curls in the squat rack...What is the point? Or am I missing something? Is it incase they get dizzy from all those bicep curls and have a cage for support?

Soldato
Really...I do not understand the whole biceps curls in the squat rack...What is the point? Or am I missing something? Is it incase they get dizzy from all those bicep curls and have a cage for support?

It's laziness, nothing else. Why pick up the bar from the ground when they can do it from the rack. God help them if they actually might have to do the only deadlift they'll ever do by picking up 25-35kg.

Caporegime
It's laziness, nothing else. Why pick up the bar from the ground when they can do it from the rack. God help them if they actually might have to do the only deadlift they'll ever do by picking up 25-35kg.

But...I don't understand....????

Can you not talk to management or something? 'So and so is using the squat rack...for bicep curls....???'

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's so when they 'rack it' with an almighty bang, people will notice how awesome they are pumpin the gunz.

They also have to wear a belt because the load is too intense on their non existent core.

Caporegime
OP
kairt.jpg

Kai Green looking rather fantastic a few months out from Mr O!!

Soldato
But...I don't understand....????

Can you not talk to management or something? 'So and so is using the squat rack...for bicep curls....???'

It really depends on the gym, the one I loved going to in my last town was almost pure weights,no cardio. Only one guy ever tried it, and 3 huge polish blokes walked up to him picked up his stuff and threw it across the room to the dumbells and small bars. Saying " curl there, squat and shrug here".

Last time he came to the gym

It's so when they 'rack it' with an almighty bang, people will notice how awesome they are pumpin the gunz.

They also have to wear a belt because the load is too intense on their non existent core.

God help them Lie, I don't even know people in my last gym that slammed it down when shrugging 180-200kg.

I just can't comprehend how people act that like.
It's even worse when you see the guys wear the belt while on the chest press machine, arching their backs something fierce. Hell I've seen a guy on the crosstrainer with his belt on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom