*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No idea really; I only lost 900g and my brother lost nothing :confused:

We didn't have our last meal as early as we'd have liked which could be responsible. It's also possible that we just didn't get enough water in on Saturday as it was a bit of hectic day, although if you seen our consumption levels you'd think we were mad. The other potential factor is that our morning bowel movements didn't really occur.

Slightly hilarious contrast to my previous comp when I lost ~4kg without even trying.

Not to worry mate there's always next time. I'm on loads of water myself, although that's down to the pills I'm on.

On my note, I did my first attempt at training today.

I made up a 1litre bottle with Scivation Xtend in it, went walking on the treadmil for 2 hours, 1 hour of that at 7kph.

My back is tight as hell now, going to have a bath with epsom salts and eat loads of chicken wings.
Eating now will also be my second meal of the day, breakfast was at 9am and I've been so busy.

I'm off medication tomorrow and hopefully my foamroller arrives so I can start some physio.

I might also check in at a Back Health clinic for a muscle and nerve scan, along with a massage and see how that goes.

Soldato
Question! :)

If i was to start a job which required me to walk for 8 hours a day, And at a fast pace as the job requires you to hit a quota. I shouldnt need to do any more cardio right? As I'd be walking quickly, 8 hours a day, with 30 minutes for break, factoring in the odd other stop, call it 7 hours a day walking at pace.

If I was to do this + a 3 day split. fat should drop off surely?? Obviously, eating right is a factor, which I do. Freshly cooked meals, Protein, veg, wholegrains. yadayadayada.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Question! :)

If i was to start a job which required me to walk for 8 hours a day, And at a fast pace as the job requires you to hit a quota. I shouldnt need to do any more cardio right? As I'd be walking quickly, 8 hours a day, with 30 minutes for break, factoring in the odd other stop, call it 7 hours a day walking at pace.

If I was to do this + a 3 day split. fat should drop off surely?? Obviously, eating right is a factor, which I do. Freshly cooked meals, Protein, veg, wholegrains. yadayadayada.

I would've thought you'd be properly knackered doing a job like that, so even if you did need to more cardio you probably wouldn't be able to :p

Soldato
I would've thought you'd be properly knackered doing a job like that, so even if you did need to more cardio you probably wouldn't be able to :p

Interesting this came up, I'm starting a job that requires walking about 8 miles a day over 3.5 hours, that'd probably cover my cardio right?

4p

4p

Soldato
Haha i know Morba, I'm fussy though i much prefer local/dungeon gyms than the corporate ones. Working in Eastbourne :)

I don't drink that much water I'll be honest, nothing out of the ordinary. Fat? Haha, my body hasn't seen a pound if fat since i was born.

I'd love to post a picture but it's embarrassing, i'll do a comparison shot in a few weeks hopefully

Soldato

Ha true enough, To be honest if I start the job. I'd be tempted to do a fullbody workout twice a week. Rota from what I see, will be sunday night to thursday night. So I'd do a fullbody workout on friday, including legs. And a fullbody work out tuesday, excluding legs(As it would destroy me to be walking 8 hours after a fresh leg workout)

Either that, or a 3 day split, making sure the leg workout drops on the friday

Soldato
Soooo after my my 4days of being ill and having the squits!! I've gone from 76kg to....72.3kg

*cries* after all my hard work trying to put weight on!

Its not like much of that is gonna be muscle, if any. You'll put it all back on in a few days of eating properly again. I lost over 4kg after a week of food poisoning, actually gave me abs for the first time in a while :D Put it all back on in 2 days.

Last edited:
Associate
Having a little bit of a cheat, bought a pizza in sainsburys as my reward for a hard week of work... hmmmmmmmm half price goodfellas pizza.

Caporegime
OP
Haha i know Morba, I'm fussy though i much prefer local/dungeon gyms than the corporate ones. Working in Eastbourne :)

I don't drink that much water I'll be honest, nothing out of the ordinary. Fat? Haha, my body hasn't seen a pound if fat since i was born.

I'd love to post a picture but it's embarrassing, i'll do a comparison shot in a few weeks hopefully

Youd be surprised on the fat fella, it takes rather special genetics to put on 4lb of lean mass in 2 weeks :p

Do you think that there are only corporate gyms down south?! How odd :p

4p

4p

Soldato
Youd be surprised on the fat fella, it takes rather special genetics to put on 4lb of lean mass in 2 weeks :p

Do you think that there are only corporate gyms down south?! How odd :p

Well if i am putting on fat i'm not that fussed, I'm trying to eat and eat and eat. Get rid of my visible ribs and I'm happy.

God damn Morba of course not but they aren't easy to find I'm sure :p

Whereas a DW megagym is !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom