*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

I felt a surge of pain in my back just watching her!

To think where I'd be right now if I started doing any form of exercise before 21, say my teens like others.

I'm off all my pills today! WOO HOO!

I got out of bed via sitting straight up, stood up no real pain. I do have this very feint dull ache directly in my lumbar spine area, although it feels just like growing pains did when I was a child.

I had the same kinda of pain in my knee when I hurt that. So I count this as it's healing well.

Bad news is thanks to brand new runners and walking very long and fat yesterday, I have no heals on my feel, all the skin is gone.

I even have blood stains on the inside heel area of my new shoes. Oops.

At least I know that Scivation Xtend works, 3 hours of cardio in the day and litre of that = no hunger pangs during it all.

Soldato
And there was me relatively happy with my 140kg :( I'll sit happy in the knowledge that I'm obviously weak because I'm cutting or something like that :o

Yup, people obviously lose strength then cutting, usually doing too much of it.
You cutting out food, which is energy and usually adding in more cardio which drains even more engergy.

Yet people are often surprised that they suddenly become weaker during it.

Don't worry though mate, I have to start from basics in lifting next week if I feel 100%.

Soldato
And there was me relatively happy with my 140kg :( I'll sit happy in the knowledge that I'm obviously weak because I'm cutting or something like that :o

Use Pulse from MyProtein and Creatine, also, drop the cardio and stick to weights, especially compound movements, you don't really need to do cardio if you're on a calorie deficit, just pound the weights.

Man of Honour
It was a bit of a tongue in cheek remark my strength in reality suffers very little when I'm loosing fat, I was just looking for an excuse for being beaten by a small girl :D

Caporegime
OP

Sometimes I think PLW is very motivational, other times I think it makes me suicidal lol
They post some amazing vids, in fact everyone should have it bookmarked tbh.

I've got PLW as a friend on facebook (no idea why they have it as a person rather than a page!) and get the links each morning that they have posted up, suggest others do the same. Makes the rush hour commute almost bearable lol

Soldato
How did it go?

Good thanks! Wrist is feeling good. Having said that it normally feels fine when doing light stuff, it only really hurts after a heavy session, annoyingly it doesn't hurt until the day after so I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but I think it's probably trying to push out those last reps that does it.

DOMS whilst working under a car is fun. :o:o:o

I've not really been in here in a while (and it shows, I'm stupidly unfit and weak! onwards and upwards though, eh?) what's going on with Tank? Getting rid of the gym? Are you moving on to lifting houses or something? :p Last I remember your arms were bigger than my legs. :o

Just gobbled down a tuna pasta bake, nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nooooooooooooooooooooom. Chicken with cous cous later, already counting down the minutes!

Last edited:
Soldato
Fancy lifting heavy on my DL tonight, whats the best way to warm up to it.

I generally just do something like 5x60kg - 5x80kg - 5x100kg - 3x120kg - 3x130kg - 2x140kg - 1x150kg..

Wouldnt mind attempting over 150kg tonight so dont wanna tire myself out too much.

Soldato
I managed 165kg deadlift today.

Basically went like this

60x5, 90x5, 120x3, 150x2, 160x1, 165x1

My grip is proving the major issue. I still rely a lot on my fingers, hanging the bar on them hooked. Not much in my palm at all :(

Associate
Are you using chalk Hedge? Makes a massive difference. I use an over and under grip and sort of wring my hands around the bar before lifting, sort of like getting tension of straps.

Soldato
Are you using chalk Hedge? Makes a massive difference. I use an over and under grip and sort of wring my hands around the bar before lifting, sort of like getting tension of straps.

Nah Ive been using nothing, just bare hands.

I know what you mean about getting the grip by wringing your hands round bar, I do that but when it gets very heavy it loses its hold and im left hanging with fingers. Ill have to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom