*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP
Hey, first time posting here.

How do you guys maintain your motivation to go to the gym? I'm really struggling at the moment. I've just finished university and gone straight into fulltime employment working 10-6. I have been going after work, getting home around 8.30, and then cooking dinner etc and it's already 9:30ish by then and I feel like I have no time to just chill :(

I haven't been since this time last week because I just cant be bothered. I have bringing my gym stuff to work everyday with the intention of going but it just doesn't happen :( The thought of just going home and relaxing is too tempting.

I'm 22 and this is my first 9-5 monday to friday job, only ever worked part time during summer etc before, and only been at it 2 weeks so think I'm still getting use to it.

So yea, how do you get motivated?

Cheers

Going after work is depressing imo, it start to feel part of the working day.
Find a better time to go, a time that you can enjoy the gym and feel that it is part of your relaxing time. Learn to enjoy it rather than forcing yourself.

Also, as always, set yourself some goals.

Soldato
Going after work is depressing imo, it start to feel part of the working day.
Find a better time to go, a time that you can enjoy the gym and feel that it is part of your relaxing time. Learn to enjoy it rather than forcing yourself.

Also, as always, set yourself some goals.

If I don't go after work then I can only really go at weekend :confused: And yea going after work is depressing. I'm actually moving gyms soon, we are moving offices next week which has a pretty good gym, and it's like literally stand up from my desk, get changed, walk 20seconds to gym, so it might be abit easier to get motivated then.

Soldato
Oh... but my Gym is kind of on the walk home from work so it be silly to walk home, then walk back the way I came to the gym

Soldato
working 10 - 6 the morning is really ideal for me. If I can leave the house before 7, i can get to the gym, do my session, hit the pool / spa for 20 mins, get ready, and get into the office before 10, relaxed and energised for the day ahead. I'd really recommend it!

Soldato
Just got back from the gym. I was squatting 62.5kg (Doing SL 5x5) and had a romanian fella work in with me.... to cut a long story short he made me look stupid when he started doing sets on 180kg!! I was just :eek:

I have a question ref deadlifts, am I supposed to feel it in my lower back or my arse/ham? I always feel it in my lower back.

4p

4p

Soldato
What did you do for the back session may i ask?

Don't know the actual terms for them but i'll try and describe..

Knee on flat bench, raising weights with one arm at a time.
Lying flat face down on a flat raised thing with my legs restrained? Then hands behind head, up and down (lower back feels the burn)
Same thing but doing it on my side..
Pull down bars..
Backwards chest thingy
Weighted rows

Literally don't know any of the names for back apart from deadlifts..

Thanks for the vids :)

Soldato
Just got back from the gym. I was squatting 62.5kg (Doing SL 5x5) and had a romanian fella work in with me.... to cut a long story short he made me look stupid when he started doing sets on 180kg!! I was just :eek:

I have a question ref deadlifts, am I supposed to feel it in my lower back or my arse/ham? I always feel it in my lower back.

Try to make sure you are keeping most of the lift through your arse/glutes/hams etc.. Your back and core muscles keep you stable but if you are allowing your back to arch forward any you will feel it.

Try looking up at the ceiling slightly to ensure your head stays high and your spine stays straight.

thats from my experience anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom