*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Wow, you lost 5lbs of mostly muscle, that's really bad, my macros are 40:30:30, 38g Carbs, 27g Protein and 12.5g Fats for every meal, and i have 6 meals per day, followed by a 4 day split routine of Chest & Biceps/Legs/Back/Shoulders & Triceps from Monday-Thursday and the weekend off, the calorie calculator i used also adjusts your intake based on your activity level and your job.

Woops, total error slipped by there. I meant fat haha. I did well maintaining most of my muscle, but now it's a brick wall, and i actually feel like im bloating out now :(

4p

4p

Soldato
Ah okay, so some bent over rows and a few other bits. :)

May be worth seeing if you can get into chin-ups as this can help the back surprisingly.

You can also do rear-dumbbell flys - These do touch the shoulders slightly, on the back anyway.

Deadlifts as shown earlier, back extensions I guess, T-Bar rows can be good, then there are all kinds of 'ROW' types = ROWS

Yea we did chin-ups as well, at the end though and we were absolutely exhausted. Think i managed about 8 :D

Thanks for the links :)

Soldato
I normally do pullups 2nd, after deadlifts. Otherwise i can barely manage one rather than the measely 5/6 i can do 'fresh'.

Was about to set off for the 45 minute walk to the gym when it started peeing it down outside. Bleh

Soldato
That's a whole load of unlucky's! :eek:

Keep at it just let it fully heal. I never had an injury prior to this clavicle issue near the cuff, just happens at the most inconvenient of times.

Started off with such a poor session. I had no drive or any kind of energy. You know when you just go in and you have that feeling it's not going to go well - That happened. I knew it when I found 110KG for warm up a bit funny.

Went straight into my HST cycle - 152.5KG raw squat, after the first rep I just knew it. Failed second. Pumped up music, found a teeny ounce of aggression and I managed 5reps for 150KG. I made mince of this on monday.

I ate late and heavy - Think that's the reason.

I've gotten too used to lifting heavy without any energy, drive and stimulation. The (rare) days I have some coffee before a session, I know it's going to be a guaranteed hit!

Waiting for it to heal is the problem, I can hardly walk a good distance before it starts to hurt.

The longer I walk the more I feel it tighten around my back.

I hate this, I've put on weight from not being able to do anything and I'm forcing myself to rather drink some Scivation Xtend I got rather then eat what use to be yet another big meal.

I also have massive amounts of built up anger and energy over this I just want to Deadlift!
Plus I'm getting ****ed at my foam roller not arriving yet, so all I can do is set around all day on a chair with a little curve for the small of my back.

You it's gotten bad when you spend most of your time looking at Meme's and you've seen most of them.

Caporegime
OP
got bored in work so went for a swim, did 50 lengths.

then had 2 cupcakes, a skinny vanilla latte (skinny was a bad choice, forgot about that!), raspberry and white cho muffin, 5 bbq drumsticks with some salad cream.

Lovely :)

Man of Honour
got bored in work so went for a swim, did 50 lengths.

then had 2 cupcakes, a skinny vanilla latte (skinny was a bad choice, forgot about that!), raspberry and white cho muffin, 5 bbq drumsticks with some salad cream.

Lovely :)

I need to stop reading your post swim posts they always make me hungry :(

Soldato
What if I put a deadlift in your deadlift?

You get a crushed lumbar nerve cluster hahaha.

I've got my scans and consultation today, I'm rather nervous about it all.

Don't even know what to expect, I hope it's not like an MRI where I need to basically strip and even take out my tongue bar. It's annoying.

I just wanna lift heavy things!

Associate
I feel for you N19h7m4r3. Summer before last i had a very similar thing. From the time i woke up i was in insane pain. NSAIDS hardly helped and i was working with kids that summer, so it was a bit of an issue! Took a few months for the pain to become just 'annoying' rather than 'wow im considering chopping my spinal erectors off now'. Saw a few physios who were awful, a chiro who was stumped, an osteo who didnt want to know and just did the standard treatment which helped temporarily.

Ended up diagnosing myself and realised i had overlooked some muscle imbalances and postural defects. I still can't deadlift because i just can't get the correct muscle control and just end up performing it the lift entirel with my lower back. It is the strongest, tightest, and most prone place on my body to injury and you can tell i did a year of Starting Strength just using my lower back to deadlift because it feels like i have 2 iron rods instead of spinal erectors :/

All the best though mate, hoping you make a swift recovery. What's your plan of action?

Man of Honour
I've just joined the Oxford Brookes gym in Headington. Seems like a fairly well kitted out place, must have at least 6 bars and a lifting platform. Oxford United football squad were in there training yesterday... oddly enough, I didn't recognise them :p

Parking there appears to be a nightmare, so I'm going to have to cycle there... booo. Anyone else go there?

I've currently just finished a cut that lasted from January to May, it was hard work but damn, there have certainly been results! Really pleased, now onto a lean bulk :)

Soldato
I feel for you N19h7m4r3. Summer before last i had a very similar thing. From the time i woke up i was in insane pain. NSAIDS hardly helped and i was working with kids that summer, so it was a bit of an issue! Took a few months for the pain to become just 'annoying' rather than 'wow im considering chopping my spinal erectors off now'. Saw a few physios who were awful, a chiro who was stumped, an osteo who didnt want to know and just did the standard treatment which helped temporarily.

Ended up diagnosing myself and realised i had overlooked some muscle imbalances and postural defects. I still can't deadlift because i just can't get the correct muscle control and just end up performing it the lift entirel with my lower back. It is the strongest, tightest, and most prone place on my body to injury and you can tell i did a year of Starting Strength just using my lower back to deadlift because it feels like i have 2 iron rods instead of spinal erectors :/

All the best though mate, hoping you make a swift recovery. What's your plan of action?

My back is easily 500% better then last week, It just tightens up and hurts after I walk for a while and since I'm walking to the clinic they can see it all first hand haha.

I knw what you mean about the lowerback muscles, I've been told mine are like steel cables, although it runs up all the way to my neck with those muscles lining my spine.

I came a long way from the scrawny lordisis sufferer, and I'm ****ed at myself for getting hurt.

My plan? Find out what's wrong, what I can do for remedy it and then get it done. My foam roller is here and I used that, no pain what so ever in the muscles, so they're healed.

It's just my lumbar spine now acting up, if I lie on my back and tighten my lower back muscles I actually feel like someone is slowling pushing a knife into my spine as I tense and tighten those muscles more and more.

I still have full muscle control and from stretching I've been getting my flexibility and mobility back.

Just need to fix the spine really. I hope they have good news for me, as my original doc said I could start training again Monday. Although the longer I'm on my feet the more the muscles slowly tighten until they cramp again.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom