*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Jeeez nightmare, you need to chill out. I don't think I could do that :eek:

We're both on a roll here, think I've fattied up too :o

Starting blood and guts for the next 4 weeks then the Islamic calendar for ramadhan begins - 17 hour long fasts begin, now that's going to be.... interesting :D

Soldato
:confused:

you can lat pull down 400kg? do they even make machines which can handle that amount of weight?

:eek:

whats your record on chin up's?
Not lat pull downs but close grip pull downs for 5x5 and lat pull downs 250-280 kilos 5x5. I had a commercial home gym at the time and really stressed out the cables until breaking point on the pulley's. Chin ups I could blast out 3-4 sets of ten, weighted only an extra 10-15 kilos 5x5.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not lat pull downs but close grip pull downs for 5x5 and lat pull downs 250-280 kilos 5x5. I had a commercial home gym at the time and really stressed out the cables until breaking point on the pulley's. Chin ups I could blast out 3-4 sets of ten, weighted only an extra 10-15 kilos 5x5.

interested to know what equipment you had, i have a home gym too, mostly commercial stuff

Soldato
interested to know what equipment you had, i have a home gym too, mostly commercial stuff
Here is what I had until I recently sold it all.

Boxing equipment :
(1x) BBE ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL HEAVY DUTY BAG 4FT.
(1x) Pro Box Commercial Punchbag Bracket.
(1x) Pro Box Six Leg Swivel Punchbag Chains.
(1x) Super Pro Mitt - open thumb Large.
(1x) adidas Focus Mitts - Maya - 10". Curved Hook and Jab Pads.

Gym equipment :
(x1) Body-Solid Cable Crossover Machine.
(x1) Body-Solid GPR370 Multi-Press Rack
(x1)1Motive Fitness MFET010 Programmable Elliptical Trainer
(x1) Body-Solid Flat/Incline/Decline Bench

Bodypower Cast Iron Olympic Discs :
(x8 )1.25kg (x4 )2.5kg (x4 )5kg ( x2)10kg (x8)15kg (x6)20kg (x8 )25kg (x4)50kg

Bodypower Pro-style Dumbbell pairs :
5 kilos, 25 kilos, 35 kilos, 45 kilos, 50 kilos, 60 kilos

Accessories :
Bodypower UK Chinning Bar/Chin up Frame.
Bodypower Olympic Dumbbell Handle (x2), with four collars.
Bodypower Olympic EZ Curl Bar with with two collars.
Bodypower 7' Olympic Bar (700Kg / 1500lb Rated)
Body-Solid "Pro-Grip" Multi Exercise Bar
Body-Solid "Pro-Grip" Revolving Straight Bar
Body-Solid Olympic Weight Tree & Bar Rack
Bodypower Extra Long Lat Bar with swivel.

Caporegime
wow all very good stuff.

body solid are an amazing manufacturer. you must have had a lot of space to have a cable crossover as well as everything else.

also nice set of olympic plates, i think i have just over 400kg altogether. 50kg plates must have been troublesome to move about.

why did you get rid of it all? injury?

Soldato
The 50s weren't as bad as you'd imagine, I could happily grab one in each hand and carry them about. I simply lost the drive/passion I once had, I had a good run of it though about seventeen years in total. Maybe once I have shrunken down a lot I'll have another stab at it maybe but highly unlikely. Lots of walking, cycling and boxing are what I do now and I really enjoy all three :).

Caporegime
The 50s weren't as bad as you'd imagine, I could happily grab one in each hand and carry them about. I simply lost the drive/passion I once had, I had a good run of it though about seventeen years in total. Maybe once I have shrunken down a lot I'll have another stab at it maybe but highly unlikely. Lots of walking, cycling and boxing are what I do now and I really enjoy all three :).

i have trouble grabbing a 50 kg dumbell with 2 hands, never mind 1 in each hand. i'm hoping to pass my equipment down my family line when im finished with it all. here's hoping to 5 boy's lol.

Soldato
Jeeez nightmare, you need to chill out. I don't think I could do that :eek:

We're both on a roll here, think I've fattied up too :o

Starting blood and guts for the next 4 weeks then the Islamic calendar for ramadhan begins - 17 hour long fasts begin, now that's going to be.... interesting :D

Haha we're getting SWOLE!
I'm barely up and my back is a mix of DOMS and my current morning back pain/irritation. I can't wait to get back to where I was; by then I want that 200kg lat pull down as well hahaha.
I'm already at 200kg leg extensions for the quads.

Hmm, think of the fasts as Itermittant fasting. You saw good results last year if I recall.

That's one thing I've not done in aages, close grip pullups or pulldowns.

Man Tank, I miss ya in here. I need some inspiration. Lately I've been like a zombie in the gym, lack of drive and energy really.

Can't wait to see your come back to this sport.

Soldato
Hit Deadlifts for the first time in 6 weeks today \o/ Managed a 1RM of 135kg which I was quite chuffed with.

Went like:
40kg x8
60kg x8
80kg x5
100kg x3
120kg x2
130kg x2
135kg x1

Filmed myself doing the 120kg set as well, although don't have a YouTube account to upload it with at the moment!

Soldato
Hit Deadlifts for the first time in 6 weeks today \o/ Managed a 1RM of 135kg which I was quite chuffed with.

Went like:
40kg x8
60kg x8
80kg x5
100kg x3
120kg x2
130kg x2
135kg x1

Filmed myself doing the 120kg set as well, although don't have a YouTube account to upload it with at the moment!

That better all be double overhand grip.

Even so, you're flying up the weight. I hope your form hasn't suffered because of it.

Soldato
I think the last two sets were mixed grip, the rest was overhand. The 120kg filmed was overhand and you can see that when I put the bar down on the 2nd rep, it was only my finger tips holding on! :D I use overhand until my grip completely fails :)

Soldato
Well that's fair enough then! Just hammer the overhand grip as much as you can eh ;D

Next cycle of HST is going to be whilst bulking, I don't think I've seen enough of a strength increase this cycle, and must be due to a lack of food!

Associate
Only issue with straps is, you can spend to much time on the floor preparing.

I'm in the same boat with the mixed grip, way prefer both hands over the bar but after about 130kg its game over. I only do singles on the deadlift, so I'm not too worried about imbalances. Tried reversing my mixed grip a few times but got some horrible results :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom