*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just did this at the gym today - its like a timed challenge they had up on the wall.. Thought I was going to spew at the end but was good

500m Row level 10
20kg Military press - 30 reps
30 Reps of bunny hops over bench
3k Bike (level 10)
30 Press-ups (chest to 4 inches off floor)
30 Box Jumps
20kg squat - 30 Reps
1k Run

Soldato
First day back in the gym after holidaying in Greece and I expected to be as weak as a pup.

I was at least 15% stronger on all my lifts.

Amazing what a week off from lifting and dieting can do. Not that I diet like a bodybuilder any more but I did allow myself free reign to each as much rubbish as I wanted. If anything, I even more lean than before. I've given up trying to understand how the body works.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
so were are you on the wall Dunners :p

just got back from a very empty gym, was bliss.

anyways attempted to have a go at squating only to find i cant get the bar in the right spot, seems my shoulders are a tad imobile and need some work, as i could only get it to sit right on that boney spinal bit :S not comfy at all.

so jumped on the hack squat again least i can fit in that. :D

hack squat 10x40kilo for 3 sets.
deadlift 5x70kilo for 3 sets.
bench press 10x60, 8x70,8x70,5x70. the joys of no spotter strilkes again :S
15 mins cross trainer to get a sweat on before i called it a day.

first time iv deadlifted so im sure il improve once i get comfertable doing them and aint doing anything silly. could have gone for another set but thought better of pushing myself first time out.

Soldato
I just used the MyProtein own-brand BCAAs. Make no mistake, it tastes absolutely awful! The way I looked at it, it was just nutrients for the body so doesn't have to taste nice. Just give it a good ol' mix in water and chug it down. It doesn't always dissolve well, normally had to mix it in a bottle and giving it a good shake, leave it in my gym bag for the 20 minute drive to the gym, then chug it down. I'm guessing bobbing around in my gym bag whilst driving really helps it mix better!

Here's the stuff I used:
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/bcaa

I must've got the 250g bag, not the 2.5kg as that doesn't exist! :p For the price, I'd get the 500g bag.

Thanks, think I'll go with this for now can't really justify the expense of xtend/wraath right now. I might stump for some flavouring aswell to help, considering I'll probably sip at the latter 20g whilst sat at work.

Soldato
sorted the wrists and the close bench press for the triceps

it was a combo of being too close together (hands) - and more importantly my arms weren't right in to my sides - the latter seems to make a small angle difference to the wrists - but makes all the difference

I'm into 2nd week now of my routines using 90% of dumbells only instead of machines and I'm really noticing a difference already - especially in my chest and shoulders :)

Caporegime
when i was doing stronglifts, after a few months in, comments like "you seem to have lost weight", etc. just average comments nothing to do with being big or muscular.

started doing isolated stuff, have not done isolated bicep stuff in years, and now getting comments like "wow solid arms bro", etc. arms have grown immensely, still only 16 inches, but a huge improvement on a couple of months back.

even though everyone says train legs, 99% of people would not even care or notice. it's a sad state of affairs, but bicep boys are regarded better than those that are more well rounded.

just to prove my point on 99% of people not caring or noticing watch this:

the guys in that video look hideous and are using synthol to basically expand their muscle facia's, yet look at some of the women the guys have hanging around and admiring.

0:16 - 3 hot chicks
1:01 - smokin hot blondie
1:35 - gay guy pulls a what im assuming is a "semi hot" tranny (wait wut? :p)
2:52 - hot chick
3:09 - another smokin blonde
3:12 - extremely hot milfs
3:33 - hot chick
3:39 - 3 hot models
3:44 - smokin girl on right
3:50 - wtf danny dyer? lol wut?
4:10 - nice hood rat

this is the reason why a lot of people don't bother training legs, tbh im going to start focusing more on my arms, still going to do leg work, but i dont want them to grow, i need my upper body to grow, especially my back and shoulders and biceps.

Soldato
Maybe all these women want a picture because they look ridiculous and aren't seen often?

I can see woman liking men with big arms and not caring about much else, but they all look like freaks (only watched ~20 seconds) to 99% of people who aren't after a particular physique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom