*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
what are deficit dead lifts Icecold?

Just watched a video of some guy and it seems you are just standing on a platform to start lower. Is that correct?

I have just started doing a normal 10x3 routine after doing a progressive 5x5, 5x4 and then 5x3 routine and my heart was beating out of my chest yesterday! So I imagine that HST is a killer as you are normally strength biased from what you have said.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
im guessing thats what the deficit part is as your starting lower than normal ones by a good few inches so makes you work a little more.

does look a fun little session especially if theres 3 of you of similar build doing it in turns.

Man of Honour
Deficit deads have a larger range of motion. I stand on one plate so the difference isn't huge, but it does help to improve the speed at the bottom part of a conventional deadlift. Nothing wrong with having more of a deficit, it's just that it doesn't confer the same benefits to my powerlifting. As a slight tangent, this also applies to close grip bench, as for me this simply means "a grip closer than normal".

milgo, yeah it's a shock to the system! That's the reason why I do it though, and it keeps things interesting/horrible in different ways ;)

edit: to be honest Morba I'm hating it slightly now :D kind of in a good way though, and as soon as I move back into lower rep ranges I'll crave it

Soldato
Argh!

I had terrible shoulder and forearm pumps today!

It got so out of hand I had to drop the weight when doing side lateral raises as I could barely move my arms.

Had to do some stretches before going on to Upright rows and barbbell shrugs.

Caporegime
Hmm...Just been to look at the 'gym' at my work...Might just be enough for me, just wish people would tidy up after themselves once it is used!

Fair few choices of weights, most of them are Olympic shaped, so not a bad sign really...Will take some pics and post them up hopefully. (I will theoretically have it too myself as well! So bonus!)

Only downside, is I need to obtain a key, hopefully I won't have to use the grand master key everytime I wish to have access! ;)

Man of Honour
Had a go at some heavy-ish bench yesterday just for a laugh. Pushed up 150kg fairly comfortably which I was surprised by! I did 120x6 and thought, hmmm that's easy enough, try 140 (got 3 reps out unspotted), so thought I'd give the 150 a go! Not bad considering I haven't been training bench specifically.

Loving pull ups at the moment, getting 6 good slow controlled reps out for 3 sets with +20kg around the waist. Feel the lat burn! :D Specifically when supersetted with BORs (back feels quite DOMS-y) today :cool:

Man of Honour
depends. if im doing low rep stuff then i will reset each rep. If high reps then the weight will touch the matting then come back up.

Same. However, I prefer resetting my grip at anything over 140kg (I do double overhand up to 200kg, but like to reset my grip between sets to make sure I get a good hold of the bar).

Caporegime
Had a go at some heavy-ish bench yesterday just for a laugh. Pushed up 150kg fairly comfortably which I was surprised by! I did 120x6 and thought, hmmm that's easy enough, try 140 (got 3 reps out unspotted), so thought I'd give the 150 a go! Not bad considering I haven't been training bench specifically.

Loving pull ups at the moment, getting 6 good slow controlled reps out for 3 sets with +20kg around the waist. Feel the lat burn! :D Specifically when supersetted with BORs (back feels quite DOMS-y) today :cool:

:(...I feel so pathetic...Haha!

I like pull-ups, but i'm just naff at them. And that's just at body weight! I'm just over 13 stone I think =/...

As above though, I'm hopefully going to start using my work 'gym', it's tiny, but atleast it has a squat rack and a bench, hopefully the free weights in there will be enough, as I want to be doing dumbbell flys not barbell bench press really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom