Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I do get a little lower back involvement - the exercise will hit the following:

Hamstrings - obviously :p

But there will be interaction from:

Erector Spinae
Gluteus Maximus
Adductor Magnus

It's just how they are linked in the body.

Permabanned
Did 38 push ups today 3 months ago I could just about do 5.

Crazy what a bit of graft and dedication can change you.

Been taking it easy on the weights and just pushing more cardio out, running/cycling, just did light full body this week.

Man of Honour
Old injury - dislocated my shoulder playing rugby, and have done a lot of rehab and RC work on it over the past few years - so as long as I don't go OTT it's usually ok, but it I start pushing it I start to get a twinge.
Was the dislocation forwards or backwards? I'm guessing forwards, mostly because that's far more common. Is your internal/external rotation still a little iffy?

Man of Honour
Yup fwd dislocation, external rotation is iffy, tendons have grown back shorter so my natural ROM is just not there, so doing RC work helps, but physically have a limit, as such benching can put a bit of pressure on the joint as it's all generally a little "tight". I had a few screws put in place too, to help with the healing process and I'm sure they've caused part of the shortening.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
after having a good ole giggle at some bicep bro's i got down to my workout which wasnt too shabby today.

bench press
10x60kg
8x80kg
8x80kg
8x70kg

hack squat (yes i know, but untill i get get the bar in a better position il take the safe option for now)
4x8 sets at 40kg's

deadlift
8x70kg
8x80kg
8x80kg
8x80kg

and finished off with 20 minson the cross trainer, happy with today, especially with the early gains kicking in for now, just wish i could get a gym buddy now.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Happy to report that I think my hunger is coming back.

Just ate a delicious tuna & pasta bake, nom nom nom nom noooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Enjoying gymming too, I will stick with it this time! Have been reading some skinny to big transformations and they are somewhat inspirational to say the least!

Not 100% with deadlifting at the moment, can't quite get used to using my legs to push up and instead end up lifting the weight using legs and arms, especially when beginning the lift, working on it though...

Caporegime
Did leg session tonight. Took it very easy, having not lifted anything for 6 months, and did only squats and no supplementary sets. Did better than I thought I would, got up to 140kg. (Was squatting 180kg 6months ago)

I've also been working on mobility during my shoulder rehab, and can very nearly get ATG now without falling over (have always made sure I squat to below parallel.) However, I suck at it. Could only manage a mere 60kg. Lots of work to do there, and my flexors and adductors are really feeling it already.

Walked out of the gym like a compass.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've knacked my wrist just by picking up a straight barbell with double underhand (ie, how you would if doing curls). Had a really weak wrist ever since I fell over once whilst slightly intoxicated, and not been able to use straight barbells for curling since. Wasn't even trying to curl, was just trying to safely pick it up as it was racked quite high :(

Soldato
I've knacked my wrist just by picking up a straight barbell with double underhand (ie, how you would if doing curls). Had a really weak wrist ever since I fell over once whilst slightly intoxicated, and not been able to use straight barbells for curling since. Wasn't even trying to curl, was just trying to safely pick it up as it was racked quite high :(

Wrist wraps, they might just save your life.

Caporegime
OP
Starting to feel a bit fitter now, good thing. Losing muscle, bad thing. Look fatter than before, stupid non diet to go with exercise :D

50 laps of the pool yesterday during work then a 7.5km bike ride once home, aiming for massive legs of course!

Caporegime
Thanks guys, the best thing is I feel elated, like I've got my manhood back :) Finally able to lift again and even though I've lifted a fraction of what I was before (and even though what I was lifting before is a fraction of what a lot of you guys do on here! :p) I have been lifting. It's great to be back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom