*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea, wasn't impressed with that. I'm not keen on telling people what to eat and think it's a better idea to help people understand why they need to eat a certain way.

Associate
Straps just came today. Hopefully be able to pull some serious weight now :)
IMG-20110803-00467.jpg

Soldato
Second workout having switched from regular dumbbell curls to hammer curls and I'm noticing way more pump at the same weight level. Hopefully this'll even up my bicep growth as they seem to be lagging behind triceps at the minute.

Caporegime
I thought 'pump' largely means bugger all?

It does in direct terms of growth, but I guess it's your bodies way of indicating where and how much work you've done. No pump = no work, some pump = some work, lots of pump = lots of work etc.

The actual growth of muscle happens far away from any weights though. It's when you're asleep they actually grow.

Caporegime
It does in direct terms of growth, but I guess it's your bodies way of indicating where and how much work you've done. No pump = no work, some pump = some work, lots of pump = lots of work etc.

The actual growth of muscle happens far away from any weights though. It's when you're asleep they actually grow.

Aye...I just say 'pump/pumped' when a certain part of my body feels tight after an exercise due to the increase in size (ooh er)

For instance my forearms where so 'pumped' the other day I had to stop...lol...Veins on my arm where about to explode I think

Soldato
Oh I know the pump won't last, but to me it's good as it feels like I'm working my biceps properly again as I'd hit a bit of a wall where I couldn't get a good rep with decent form with a heavier weight. Doing a few weeks of hammer curls will hopefully help bump up the stabiliser muscles and help me jump up some weight.

I only care about pump before I go on a night out :D

(joking, obviously ;))

Caporegime
i think pump may push the muscle fascia to its limit, so to speak, so the bigger the pump, the more likely chance of the muscle growing bigger.

if you get what i mean, like when people inject synthol, they are basically expanding the muscle fascia with "oil", but with pump you are expanding the muscle fascia with blood and lactic acid

Associate
Yes, all the time, but my wrists ALWAYS give way especially when I'm deadlifting.

Straps are also good for tying your arms to pullup bars...so you cant let go doing pullups. You always get a few more reps for this and some rows...as your arms will nearly always go before your back.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've recently ditched straps after using them for years and now use chalk. It's been good, much more comfortable lifting and slowly working back up to the weight/reps I could do with straps. Today I did 175kg x 5 x 2 which was good.

Soldato
Had another session at the physio yesterday re my back which as been hurting on and off for years. Yesterday it was pretty bad, which allowed the physio to get a better idea of what is going on.

Looks like it is a crushed/squashed/bulging disc! :( It would certainly explain my symptoms. It should hopefully be somewhat fixable through strengthening my core muscles and being careful. But I am going to have to be especially careful when squatting and dead lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom