*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
You guys who lift huge weights must spend ages putting them on. :eek:

Must admit the temptation to snack and also drink sugary drinks has been quite high today and yesterday too but I am resisting! BBQ later this evening so that is something to look forward to, although I will have to maybe only have 1 roll (will no doubt be white) and no beer! Will be on my best behaviour.

I don't lift massive weight by any means but the one thing that annoys me about dead lifting is when I get to the end and I'm hurting and about ready to curl up and die I then have to strip the bar down because I refuse to be one of those ***** who leaves weight around.

Man of Honour
I don't lift massive weight by any means but the one thing that annoys me about dead lifting is when I get to the end and I'm hurting and about ready to curl up and die I then have to strip the bar down because I refuse to be one of those ***** who leaves weight around.

Same, clearing up after deadlifts is killer :o

Man of Honour
^I was just about to post the same thing. It's worse if I'm lifting at the end of the day because I often end up clearing away other people's stuff to stop the staff getting angry at the regulars

Man of Honour
The gym I used is really good for people not leaving weights around thankfully.

I'm jealous. I go to a military gym and although I think the regulars are good for putting stuff away there are always a few people that are here for a short amount of time on courses who just don't seem to care :(

Soldato
I can imagine that being very annoying, I occasionally used to get it in a previous gym but it was never bad.

Funnily enough you can tell the school holidays are in full swing. Only the second time I've seen it since joining the gym but we had some bicep monkeys in yesterday :D 3 of them standing in a row using terrible form and maxing out the number of reps they could to. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Soldato
Hey guys, just wondering how much your food budget costs each month? I used to train a fair bit but didn't track my diet too much (just got it roughly right, aiming for 3k calories a day, lots of protien etc).

Back then I was 185-190lbs, 5'11" and the only measurement I can remember was my arms were about 14.5".

Due to a year of University and a current breakup, I am now down to 162lbs, feel dreaful generally and want to make some changes.

The big factor for me is cost. How much roughly will it costs me to get my diet sorted out? I know I can survive on around £15-20 per week without too much hassle, but if I start training again, it's bound to go up right?

Man of Honour
I used to spend about 20-25 a week on food on my last off season diet, but that was a crap diet in hindsight, ate a lot of the wrong foods, and no real structure

Now I'm following a proper diet for this off season and a cleaner diet, it's about 40 quid a week on average

Soldato
Same, clearing up after deadlifts is killer :o

if you roll a small 1.25kg plate under one end of the bar, it's easier to strip ;)

I used to spend about 20-25 a week on food on my last off season diet, but that was a crap diet in hindsight, ate a lot of the wrong foods, and no real structure

Now I'm following a proper diet for this off season and a cleaner diet, it's about 40 quid a week on average

Hmm Im moving out next week and I've budgeted similar, would have thought you'd spent a lot more! (does that not include suppliments though?)

Man of Honour
If I added supplements it would be around 60 a week average

It's not always £40 just on food, sometimes I sound as much as 60 sometimes as little as 30. But average I'd say 40 :), remember I buy most of my meet from wholesalers so I'm spending a lot less there, I'd dread to think how much my shopping would be if I got my meat from the supermarket

Soldato
Fair enough I'm trying to get mine to around £40 including whey.

Messiah khan, offtopic but did you ever finish that android pc? (Not a big mod fan but that looked cool.) Marriage is no excuse!

Soldato
Fair enough I'm trying to get mine to around £40 including whey.

Messiah khan, offtopic but did you ever finish that android pc? (Not a big mod fan but that looked cool.) Marriage is no excuse!

Hehe. unfortunately not. It's the marriage that is the excuse, but the lack of space or tools. I started the project when I lived t my parents' with access to a garage and tools etc. I now live in a small 1 bad flat with no tools or space to do any work like that. So unfortunately the project is hold for the foreseeable future. :)

Soldato
Ugh. Today was a real slog, had no energy half way through my workout and now feel absolutely knackered after it. Not sure if it's stress of waiting to hear about a new job or what, but it's no fun when it's like pulling teeth.

Soldato
Freefaller has me hooked on smoked mackerel for breakfast, it's my weekend treat now :D

Gonna have to be my weekend treat aswell, no way i can afford it more often than that but i must have it :p

After 2 weeks of sun, lounging around and drinking beer i cant wait to get back in the gym tomorrow. Only a few more weeks till im back at uni to do it properly aswell :D

Man of Honour
It's actually not too expensive, Tesco is £1 a fillet off the fish counter, so 200g is £2 usually. Only reason I couldn't eat it all the time is it does throw your macros off a bit and the rest of the days food :p and I'm a man who likes an easy routine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom