*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lifting weights has very little affect, cardio on the other hand does. when your lifting weights, do you honestly think it pushes your heart to the same level cardio does?

Anaeroebic vs aerobic heart capacity

Lifting weights is more anaerobic (like sprinting). Aerobic is more like marathon etc.

Just to shed a little light on this.

Regardless, 22 year old bodybuilders do not die due to "not doing enough cardio" It's because he was taking a lot of PED's and E's etc

Soldato
So... thanks to this thread I have been attempting this insulin control business.

No sugar, no processed foods, no simple carbs etc!

I must admit I am feeling a lot less bloated than I was before.

I've also started calorie counting over the last few days and although my target for gaining weight/muscle is around 2200 I am seeing if I can drop a tiny bit of podge around the stomach whilst I do this insulin stuff for the next 3 weeks or so.

Last 2 days counts have been: 1469, 1516 and todays is 1897.

Progress! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty sad really, doesn't matter he chose to juice to high heaven no one should die that young. Can't believe he's younger than me could have sworn he's been an internet 'celebrity' for years and years now.

Permabanned
Pretty sad really, doesn't matter he chose to juice to high heaven no one should die that young. Can't believe he's younger than me could have sworn he's been an internet 'celebrity' for years and years now.

Is it true, the link above was suppose to be fake, not seen any other news on it other than at bb.com/misc section

Soldato
On Weds' session I decided to spread my legs apart slightly to allow me to go deeper on squats. It worked a little but I'm going to have to keep at it for a while I think...

Todays chest session went amazingly, I was doing 15kg dumbbells but realised after the 2nd set that I was finding them pretty easy so switched to 17.5 and finished off on those!

Was buzzing after that because it means I'm back to where I was the last time I was in the gym so I decided to try 12.5 DB shoulder presses which were tough! Could not manage the 5 rep of any set but meh, think I might stick with it?

Not sure what gave me the strength today, think it's an accumulation of eating OK and being in the gym for about 6 weeks. If I can do 20kg DB chest press in ~6 weeks (and I think it should be possible) I will probably cry. :D :D :D

Must thank FF and UE for pointing me in the direction of the insulin business, only been at it since Thurs but I do feel a lot less bloated, I have however realised that I had become addicted to sweet stuff, especially chocolate/cakes after meals! Still get the cravings now but I am tackling them. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just went out and did some HIIT sprints. Managed 6 flat out sprints with jog/walk in between. I don't do any cardio, so it was a deep burn.

How long do you sprint for?

Is it true, the link above was suppose to be fake, not seen any other news on it other than at bb.com/misc section

Do you really think it would have gone on for this long with his sponsor, a newpaper and bb.com confirming if it was fake?

Soldato
rest week next week (enforced as on hols with family) - but taking my trainers and GPS watch so will get a couple of evening runs in

question though - do I continue to have some protein whey shakes on a rest week ? or not bother for a week (no matter I've plenty left) - just wondered whats best

cheers

going to be a difficult few months I think as off on hols, then back for 1 1/2 weeks - then off to Australia for 1 1/2 weeks etc ...

Permabanned
rest week next week (enforced as on hols with family) - but taking my trainers and GPS watch so will get a couple of evening runs in

question though - do I continue to have some protein whey shakes on a rest week ? or not bother for a week (no matter I've plenty left) - just wondered whats best

cheers

going to be a difficult few months I think as off on hols, then back for 1 1/2 weeks - then off to Australia for 1 1/2 weeks etc ...

Depends, are you a gainer or dieter? If you need to gain keep chugging if not no need just keep diet in check.

Soldato
Depends, are you a gainer or dieter? If you need to gain keep chugging if not no need just keep diet in check.

neither - just trying to gain muscle/strength whilst keeping same-ish weight

(lost 4 stone over last year)

last 3-4 weeks I've been taking whey twice a day + eating lots more nuts etc - increasing protein a lot but reduced carbs (much less bread now !)

still around same weight of 61kg - but chest has got larger - and waist smaller - down to about 27 inch waist now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom