*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
i hate to say this, but i dont think there will ever be anyone like arnold to ever grace the planet ever again.

nowadays they are using far too many chemicals and ruining their bodies and they look terrible.

also factor in the how arnold completely changed the movie industry, before him all actors looked terrible with their tops off, especially the action hero's, the only exception maybe being lou ferrigno that i can think of. after him hollywood started to take notice, and hollywood now changed their opinion on muscles.

he brought bodybuilding to the masses, nobody since has even had 1% of the impact he had on the world.

he was and is a character, loved to have a laugh, joking, smiling, dodgy accent, he was the complete package.

if you ask the average guy on the street who dorian yates, jay cutler or ronnie coleman is they wouldn't have a clue.

everybody loved arnie, children, women and men (no homo).

i will put a picture up of my rasterbated picture when it arrives and i build it.

Heh, indeed couldn't agree more

Infact, I ask you to watch this, as it pretty much sums up everything you said:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/raw-iron-arnolds-documentary-special-edition.html

Right guys, back day today! Now, I believe my max DL is 92.5KG....I don't think I can get past this easily today as the last push was bloody hard...Should I knock the weight down and pound the reps a bit for a few sessions?

Soldato
Big leg session yesterday. Do you guys think it's "too much".......?
Back squats: 3x8 80kg
Front squats: 2x10 50kg
Overhead squats 1x8 20kg, 1x8 30kg
Leg Press 1x8 100kg, 2x8 120kg
Barbell Lunges 1x8 20kg, 1x8 30kg
Leg Curls 1x8 50kg, 2x8 60kg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hm, I did a while back...hold on

This was a few weeks ago mind

I can't really tell from the video but are you driving the weight up with your glutes or pulling it up with you back? There should be a nice snap in at the top if your pushing with your glutes. Your legs straighten out a little too early leaving your back to do the rest. Also you should drop your ass a little just before lifting.

Man of Honour
Big leg session yesterday. Do you guys think it's "too much".......?
Back squats: 3x8 80kg
Front squats: 2x10 50kg
Overhead squats 1x8 20kg, 1x8 30kg
Leg Press 1x8 100kg, 2x8 120kg
Barbell Lunges 1x8 20kg, 1x8 30kg
Leg Curls 1x8 50kg, 2x8 60kg

Not at all, I'd say you really don't need to do 3 variations of squats though. Replace one of them with a hamstring exercise, like SLDL or hamstring curls

Soldato
Not at all, I'd say you really don't need to do 3 variations of squats though. Replace one of them with a hamstring exercise, like SLDL or hamstring curls

The overhead squats were just for fun, don't think I'd normally do them :)

Leg Curls = hamstring curls, although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do SLDL as well as curls..........!

Soldato
Do like the idea of sticking SLDL in to my leg days though, cheers for that =)

Big miffed that my legs are looking much much stronger than my upper body though! Got good seperation and mass in my legs, but chest and arms are lugging behind!

Caporegime
I can't really tell from the video but are you driving the weight up with your glutes or pulling it up with you back? There should be a nice snap in at the top if your pushing with your glutes. Your legs straighten out a little too early leaving your back to do the rest. Also you should drop your ass a little just before lifting.

Well, both? It's a back exercise, so you have to use your back surely? My first few attempts where terrible and my lower back cained for a few days afterwards, however now it doesn't hurt...Also, I was told not to use your legs so much, as when I first started a lot of the weight was going on to my legs as opposed to using my back a bit...???

The problem with dropping my ass more is I end up using my legs way too much?

looks ok delvis, like lie says tough to tell maybe could lean back more but doesnt look 'wrong'

Aye...It's hard to get things right, as currently I've been told like three different things so i'm either being told the wrong information or there are numerous ways of doing it :p

I dunno, I'll go in today and do what I normally do, a pyramid type workout...I'll constiously poke my toes up to get the glutes working, and try to lower my bum a bit more and make the whole movement a bit more fluid...However I can tell you now my legs will hurt tomorrow from too much activation :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
2 x Peanut Butter + Nutella on toasted Linseed and Soya bread

Worked out the macros, they excite me :D

Calories - 876
Protein - 41.8g
Carbs - 43.8g
Fats - 57.4g
Fibre - 15.8g

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well, both? It's a back exercise, so you have to use your back surely? My first few attempts where terrible and my lower back cained for a few days afterwards, however now it doesn't hurt...Also, I was told not to use your legs so much, as when I first started a lot of the weight was going on to my legs as opposed to using my back a bit...???

The problem with dropping my ass more is I end up using my legs way too much?

Aye...It's hard to get things right, as currently I've been told like three different things so i'm either being told the wrong information or there are numerous ways of doing it :p

I dunno, I'll go in today and do what I normally do, a pyramid type workout...I'll constiously poke my toes up to get the glutes working, and try to lower my bum a bit more and make the whole movement a bit more fluid...However I can tell you now my legs will hurt tomorrow from too much activation :(

Who told you not to use your legs? :p

It's very legs focused, it shares a lot in common with a squat ;)

Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRlk6264I&feature=player_embedded

Not the position of the ass and use of glutes when the bar gets to knee high. Should get a nice snap in with that form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom