*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It sounds like you really need a workout plan to stick to. Try the one in the sticky for 6 weeks.

Also, I'm slightly concerned that you thinking stronger calfs will help with squats means that you're rocking forwards onto the front of your foot. Apart from the obvious exception of calf raises (and explosive oly lifts), and standing exercises should have you driving through your heals.

edit: nice benching regulus

Many thanks for your reply icecold.

I can move my Shoulders to go with back and biceps and then after that I can do my chest and triceps. I normally workout on Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday which works for the 3 day split on the sticky.

I always thought that calf exercises would improve squats, but when I perform my squats, I tend to use my whole foot (if that's a good description :confused:) I don't think I drive from my heel or my toe.

With my calf raises, I drive up with the front of my feet.

So I could be going all wrong here, again :o

I better do some work on some carburettors today, not looking forwards to it, but I need to get my Car running better..fun times! Oh and my PC has started to randomly crash. Anyway, end of tangent, but I think today, I should rest up.

It will do my muscles and nervous system some good.

I'll probably do some CV work if I do anything; today I want to get that up to 45 mins.

Kind regards,

David

Soldato
Hi chaps! Well, I'm at the airport waiting for my plane! Have you all missed me?! :p

Look forward to getting back into it all, but it's going to be hard work!! Definitely have lost some bulk, but definition is looking ok, however, 2 weeks of doing very little, eating good food and drinking beer won't be particularly anabolic ;)

Ah well! I might post some pics for you to perve over! ;)

You made the mistake of not wearing anabolic clothing while on a break ?! :eek:

Welcome back :D

GAC

GAC

Soldato
not a bad day, pb's on all 3 as i went for a heavy day. see what state im in tomorow now :D

Elliptical Trainer:
0:15:00 (+29 pts)
Barbell Bench Press:
198 lb x 8 reps (+75 pts)
198 lb x 8 reps (+75 pts)
198 lb x 7 reps (+73 pts)
176 lb x 8 reps (+66 pts)
Hack Squat:
176 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
hack squat machine
Barbell Deadlift:
242 lb x 8 reps (+91 pts)
242 lb x 8 reps (+91 pts)
220 lb x 8 reps (+83 pts)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Put together a new routine for when I get back from my honeymoon. The aim is to hit each body part more than once with majority compounds. I think with the number of compounds I will limit working sets to 2 instead of my usual 3 for each exercise. What do you think?

Monday
Workout A

Wednesday
Workout B

Friday
Workout A

Saturday
Workout B

Workout A
Flat Bench Press
Deadlift
Dips
Standing Shoulder Press
DB Lateral Raise
Cable Flyes

Workout B
Back Squat
CG Bench Press
BOR
Chin ups
Reverse Flyes
Calf Raise

Man of Honour
You might find the frequency on the deadlift to be a little high. See how you go, perhaps do one heavy deadlift day and one light speed deadlift day (60-70% max)

Permabanned
That workout looks great lie, completely in line with my beliefs on how to train. frequency may or may not be an issue, i feel people get a bit hung up on frequency issues like there is some 'rule' about how often a human should do difficult things! I think it will be a case by case issue when it comes to overtraining.

Be interested to see your findings.

Caporegime
Cold? Whats that :p

Do you take multivits? I haven't been ill in over a year while taking omega 3 and alpha men.

No I don't, however I don't get ill that often actually...However when I do it tends to be an arse :p

I blame my partner...Works with kids now so god knows what she brings back with her every day.

May have to try the multi vitamins route, sadly that's more money

Soldato
No I don't, however I don't get ill that often actually...However when I do it tends to be an arse :p

I blame my partner...Works with kids now so god knows what she brings back with her every day.

May have to try the multi vitamins route, sadly that's more money

I work at a secondary school, and since taking fish oils and multi vitamin tablets i haven't been ill.

Soldato
Put together a new routine for when I get back from my honeymoon. The aim is to hit each body part more than once with majority compounds. I think with the number of compounds I will limit working sets to 2 instead of my usual 3 for each exercise. What do you think?

After my stint of HST I'm a big fan of high frequency low volume work. Should make some nice progress providing you're not trailing to failure.

Soldato
Does anyone have thoughts on taking Ephidrine at the same time as cycling creatine? It might be a void question, but I'm doing an 8 week ECA stack cycle to shed some of this mid-section which haunts me (and I've decided I wanna be able to actually see my abs... :/).

I'm cycling 6 tabs of crea mono on workout days, 3 tabs on non-workout days. (4'200mg/2'100mg)

Last edited:
Caporegime
All this dodgey talk...Plain lazyness to be honest :o

I dunno if I should risk the gym tonight or not, one my energy levels are at such a low for various reasons (health), and now my shoulder is hurting the worst it's been in ages.

See what I feel like in an hour I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom