*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I wear some grey plimsolls I got from next, nice and flat.

Some shorts and a vest does the job. You can get an idea from my youtube video

and some days t-shirt and bottoms.

hope that helps.

Soldato
Thanks. I'm hoping to get a pair of shoes that I can use on the cardio equipment for running, etc. as well as the free weights. I know plimsoles are great for lifting but I don't really want to be swapping shoes over all the time.

Associate
Lie with regards to your dead lift. To me it looks like you are doing two separate movements. You are extending your legs and then pulling with your back after to get up straight. I always thought it was good form to move both simultaneously and drive your hips through.

So basically try getting up straight using your hips and squeezing your glutes rather than levering with your lower back.

lol. Sorry I didn't realize you were just posting about clothes. I just read the video titles.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Form is fine in the deadlift, even if it looks that way to you. The only niggle that was pointed out was my arse comes up a little too soon. There was no levering of the back, it's hard to get that across in the video but once the bar is to my knees I drive with the glutes and lock out.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've never used one, but I feel I could benefit from one in my new workout as it's 80% compounds each session and it will help keep the core tight on the heavy sets.

I see a lot of big guys using the belt for every set which isn't good.

Caporegime
Time to invest in a belt for those heavy sets. Recommendations if you will please :)

Thinking of this - http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=24
Looks identical to the Inzer belt I bought in which case I can't recommend it highly enough.

Word of warning, double pronged belts are notoriously difficult to get on and off until they've loosened up so if you find yourself stuck in it the first few times don't worry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom