*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I've been eating whey by the spoonful! I also did my morning stretches in front of the tv, It's like I'm back playing flanker just without all the sweating.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We've just got a punch bag set up in the back garden so I've just done a few rounds on that to make me feel like I've achieved something. Only problem is the dog goes absolutely mental as soon as you start hitting it :rolleyes:

Caporegime
found this very good deal which some of you may be interested in

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/4942/1/PhD-Pharma-Blend-and-FREE-Methoxy-7-Test.html

2.28kg of high quality blend which is best used before bed, as it's name suggests (6 hours). this type of protein usually costs a lot more than a normal whey protein.

also you get a natural test booster free with it, although if you look closesly at the profile it's basically ZMA with added extras.

the costs of free supplement is usually £35

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/3375/1/PhD-Nutrition-Methoxy-7-Test-:-90-Caps.html

combined cost of both is £39

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/4942/1/PhD-Pharma-Blend-and-FREE-Methoxy-7-Test.html

which i think for a blend and zma (with added extra's) is a steal

be quick

Man of Honour
Hola OcUK,

I'm poolside in Gran Canaria and have been since Monday. I feel like a fat poo after nearly a week of no gym. But the food is great and the weather even better. Just ordered all my supplements for ready when I'm home then it's balls to the wall until Christmas, my next week off.

I wish Freefaller was here applying my tan for me (nohomo*)

* littlebithomo

Caporegime
Had my first chest session of the year on Wednesday. Yes, that's right, I haven't done any chest work all year because of my shoulder! :(

Anyway, I've never had DOMs as harsh as these before. 3 days later and they are still going strong. I was pleasantly surprised to see I didn't lose as much strength as I thought I would, too. :) Only dropped 10% from what I was benching this time last year. :)

Caporegime
Good job. Hitting 100 feels even better :D

Thanks man, I could have done 100kg I believe, but I'm currently working on more reps / sets with lower weights rather than maxing out each time :)

Just need to get my squats and bench good now

Had my first chest session of the year on Wednesday. Yes, that's right, I haven't done any chest work all year because of my shoulder! :(

Anyway, I've never had DOMs as harsh as these before. 3 days later and they are still going strong. I was pleasantly surprised to see I didn't lose as much strength as I thought I would, too. :) Only dropped 10% from what I was benching this time last year. :)

Good going :) Any tips for bench? I'm currently following the Elitefts vids for bench to hopefully make my form the best it can be....However having issues making the doms hit my chest properly

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Back to the gym tomorrow after my honeymoon. I managed to hit the gym 3 times during the 11 night cruise, the facilities were actually really good.

Man of Honour
Having a week off from the gym this week, not really sure what to do with myself!

Should I carry on eating as I would normally?

I'd keep protein up and lower carbs if you're going to be less active, but then again if I have a week off I normally slacken my diet up as well just for a complete break and to give my body a bit more fuel to fix any niggles.

Man of Honour
Hola OcUK,

I'm poolside in Gran Canaria and have been since Monday. I feel like a fat poo after nearly a week of no gym. But the food is great and the weather even better. Just ordered all my supplements for ready when I'm home then it's balls to the wall until Christmas, my next week off.

I wish Freefaller was here applying my tan for me (nohomo*)

* littlebithomo

lol! :D <3

Man of Honour
best food to gain? i find it impossible to put anything on as i guess i get full quick but also when i eat extra meals i just seem to poop it out the next day without any increase in size.

More of it. You're just not eating enough. :) If you want to do it dirty, lots of carbs, if you want to do it slow and clean, lots of protein and fatty based foods (good fats).

Soldato
I'm trying to keep an arch in my back when benching at the moment, really focusing on that. I find having an arch seems to push your shoulders right back, and concentrates your pec activation a lot more. At least, seems to really work for me! I don't mean a massive arch, just enough that you're consciously aware that you're doing it.

Caporegime
re: tips for bench (Delvis)

I follow EliteFTS too, and the only thing I can do to get doms is lift heavy, and just when you think you're done with a set, squeeze out one more rep.

Thanks DJ :)

I think it's a case of going nearly to my max, but not quite so I can get the reps and sets out...Otherwise they do nothing :(

I'll let you know on weds hopefully, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom