*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
We've got a whole other thread going for that discussion :p
Personally it's not something I find attractive but I can appreciate the amount of work and dedication they have to put in and I can appreciate their bodies purely from a bodybuilding point of view.

Soldato
Going to be taking a week off over half term week (24th - 28th of Oct), do I test my 1RM before, or after?

After the week off (or 1RM test, whichever is last), I'll be starting my cut to get the abs back out \o/

Soldato
Skillmister, easy to ramp up the kcals. Whey Protein, oats/nutella and full fat milk will easily see you to 700kcals for a shake I imagine. Try buying a packet of nuts and using a food processor to grind them up as much as you can, store in tuppaware, and add to protein shakes :)

Soldato
I've been trying to bulk at the moment, and the extra size on my arms is feeling good, traps feel good and pecs feel like they're there and strong....... But the belly and added moob is a bit disheartening :) But I'm thinking couple of months of bulking, super cut, couple of months of bulking, should see me happy :)

Soldato
Thats true. But i cant go over the cost of what its replacing which is say bacon/eggs or tuna. I'll have a think. Dont have a blender either :/ Might get one for xmas lol

Whey and oats will almost definitely work out cheaper than any whole food, cal for cal. Also you don't need a blender if you buy ground oats, I used to shake them up with whey in a shaker and it was absolutely fine. You'll be lacking in vitamins and minerals which you'll need to source from elsewhere, though. Here's my diet when I'm keeping things cheap:

Meal 1
50g pea protein powder (40g protein), 2 scoops of psyllium husks, 1/2 a scoop of vitamin B5
Ham and cheese sandwich (Burgen Bread)
5 fish oil soft gels
1 Multivitamin

Snack
Peanut butter (100g) sandwich (Burgen Bread)

Meal 2
50g Pea protein powder (40g protein), 2 scoops of psyllium husks, 1/2 a scoop of vitamin B5
2 Frozen chicken breasts wrapped in bacon
4 Sausages
2-3 Eggs
5 Fish oil soft gels
1 Vitamin B5 Super Complex

I haven't calculated the macros precisely, but should be around 200g protein, 50-60g carbs, maybe 80-90g of fats.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Better than fish and a rice cake and some ummmm fish and then fish and a rice cake :D

i dont know, there isn't much you can do with egg whites is there to make them taste good, i hate them, much prefer an omlette.

rice cakes are fine, nothing wrong with them imo but it depends on the fish how it tastes. but eating the same thing everyday regardless of what it is would make me feel sick.

variety is key imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom