*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'll get flamed for this, but I should work out my calorie intake properly, the problem is when it comes to my evening meal, as t varies so much :o

What did you use to add that up with Kai?

Also, keep at it, if you can stay lean and add mass so to speak you'll look amazing

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Delvis, my dinner varies largely as well because my wife isn't a bodybuilder ;) but dinner a side I control/measure the rest of my other 4-5 meals a day.

kai

kai

Soldato
I'll get flamed for this, but I should work out my calorie intake properly, the problem is when it comes to my evening meal, as t varies so much :o

Also, keep at it, if you can stay lean and add mass so to speak you'll look amazing

Daily Burn

Caporegime
Daily Burn

Thanks buddy :)

Delvis, my dinner varies largely as well because my wife isn't a bodybuilder ;) but dinner a side I control/measure the rest of my other 4-5 meals a day.

Cool...In general I have the same breakfast and lunch and snacks throughout the day so I can add all this up.

Dinner can vary a hell of a lot, although if I think I need more I just wack some cottage cheese on at the mo :p I also have my shakes, so this will help a lot

Soldato
I go slightly over my macros to reach my 3208, it's only carbs that goes up, protein stays the same, so i'm getting like 70g Carbs, 40g Protein and i can't remember the Fats, but that's spread across 6 meals, sometimes i'll add a tablespoon of Olive Oil which holds about 400 calories and have that in every meal if i need to hit my max calories.

a tablespoon of olive oil isnt 400 cals. its more like 120

Soldato
Sunday i have an appointment with a sports nutritionist in helping me improve my diet and ways i can tweak my intake alongside my training in coming from the transition of a cutting diet into a lean bulk (trying) to maintain as much definition as possible.

Prior to the meeting I have to record everything I eat down to measuring everything so he has an exact idea of what going into my body. At the moment the following list does not contain (1calorie spray use to cook and water – everything else is included. I think I’m going to get torn a new one! When he sees how low my calorie intake is for the following day by day.

capturesng.jpg

capture2jpg.jpg

You weigh what, 64kg?

Just stuff your face with food, and train hard, it's that simple! (no hate at all, you've got a mint looking core!)

I went from 70 > 90kg doing just that at about a 5% fat increase over about 2.5 years or so, yeah I'm not as lean, but you get my drift (I didn't wathc my intake at all, just ate liek a HORSE lol)

you say you're struggling getting the extra cals in, try adding a boiled egg or two to each meal, even if it's just the whites, extra cals and dead easy to get down your gullet! worked for me :D

I guess my point is screw paying someone to tell me what to input, when I can research it myself, whatever the method may end up being!

Last edited:
Soldato

You can work around your evening meal.

Make sure you hit your protein intake before your evening meal, then leave yourself say, 500-600~ cals for the meal inwhich you'll then hit your caloric intake, variant on goal ofcourse! (assuming you know the macros of your pre-bed food)

Caporegime
You can work around your evening meal.

Make sure you hit your protein intake before your evening meal, then leave yourself say, 500-600~ cals for the meal inwhich you'll then hit your caloric intake, variant on goal ofcourse! (assuming you know the macros of your pre-bed food)

Just working on it now :)

Signed up to the site and just setting everything up currently and i'll post something...maybe

Whats an average chicken breast weight / cals :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just working on it now :)

Signed up to the site and just setting everything up currently and i'll post something...maybe

Whats an average chicken breast weight / cals :o

Am I being daft or do I need to pay to get a spreadsheet of what i've eaten?

Apparently i've only had like 1100 calories lol

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Am I being daft or do I need to pay to get a spreadsheet of what i've eaten?

Apparently i've only had like 1100 calories lol

I just did some ninja copy and paste - from the main page! and edited. This was only to show. It is suprising when you add things up how little calorie count is. To eat clean and eat between 3 -5 k take some doing!

Caporegime
I just did some ninja copy and paste - from the main page! and edited. This was only to show. It is suprising when you add things up how little calorie count is. To eat clean and eat between 3 -5 k take some doing!

Fair game, I just wanted to click the button :(

I'll have a play tomorrow, I can't believe that's al i'm having before dinner, something isn't adding up as i'm putting more weight on!

Caporegime
Well

Apparently i'm wasting away:

intakey.jpg

An evening meal needs to be added to that
I'm undecided whether or not I'm having instant oats with my shake in the evening
I'm currently munching on nuts randomly at work daily
I may also have other random munches depending on whats available at work :p

I'm probably adding something up wrong, but meh.

Soldato
Well your dinner can easily be 700-900 or so. 2200-2400 is hardly low, depending on your goals. I cut on 1600-1800 (fml). You do need moar proteenz though, depending on your dinner obviously.

Caporegime
Well your dinner can easily be 700-900 or so. 2200-2400 is hardly low, depending on your goals. I cut on 1600-1800 (fml). You do need moar proteenz though, depending on your dinner obviously.

Well i'm having a chicken breasy tonight, with god knows what, probably some peas and potato or pasta :(

I'm basically bulking, but I'd like to keep fat reasonably low, as I put it on in all the wrong places...Funny how my protein is so low

Soldato
I hope that's two chicken breasts, and another form of protein along with it :p. Post up your stats/goals I'm sure the gym ratz massive can give you some advice, or check out Steedie's sticky. I personally aim for 70g/150g/150g/ fat/carb/pro but that's on a cut, at about 1800kcals.

Caporegime
I hope that's two chicken breasts, and another form of protein along with it :p. Post up your stats/goals I'm sure the gym ratz massive can give you some advice, or check out Steedie's sticky. I personally aim for 70g/150g/150g/ fat/carb/pro but that's on a cut, at about 1800kcals.

LOL, yeah right.

I've asked before, I just get told to eat more which is what i'm trying to do on what money I do have. :(

Dude, more proteins! Get some whey in the morning, couple of eggs with lunch and work out how many nuts you are having.

I should be getting the whey in the morning now that I actually have it.
Eggs would cost me LOADS if I had two every day.
Nuts, possibly having a couple of heaped handfuls if not more.

It's kind of been discussed really, basically I'm poor and can't afford anything, i'm lucky to have a whole chicken breast for lunch :o

Soldato
Delvis, more fat/protein less carbs. If you like peanut butter stick 100g on a slice of Burgen bread and that's about 13g carb, 70g fat, 35g protein, ~500-550 calories. Also you can get 15 eggs for around £2 can't you? The cheap ones in tesco/asda. Not exactly expensive. That, peanut butter and whey should be your staples if you're on a low budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom