*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
my foam roller arrived today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PhysioRoo...essories_ET&hash=item2eb85fb4b7#ht_3930wt_913

was thinking it would take a while and be posted using the cheapest possible service, to my surprise it was done by UPS, an absolute steal of a deal in my eyes the 66fit version of this is nearly double the price.

now just need to try it out, only 1 left, i would get it as they may bump up the price again (used to be 17.99)

Soldato
For Intermittent Fasting, you should have a look over BennyC's journal; He combined it with HST. BennyC's Intermittent Fasting & HST Journal

Ive been following it for over a year now, as it fits in nicely with my working pattern. My weight hasn't moved in terms of what the scale say (95kg), but Ive leaned out a little and got stronger, while on a cut :D. Im just starting to fit HST in to and see what results I get (Just about killed myself doing 15x2 on 90kg deadlift)

Awesome, cheers for the link :D

I'll combine IF (if I opt to do it, I love food too much to eat at one time in the day, but we'll see ^^) with Layne Norton's PHAT training. Even with a mediocre concentration on my caloric intake I was making strength/size gains and people were commented accordingly down the gym!

Monday - upper body power (50~ minutes)
Wednesday - back/shoulders (1hour~ this was killer)
Friday - Chest/arms (1hour)

Am able to do legs within the next month (hamstring problems for the past 4 months) so will switch it to mon/tue/thurs/sat as Layne intended!

However, a month of ECA and with lost motivation, have lost a lot of size/strength :( on the plus side my medium clothing fits again :D

Soldato
EDIT: All covered above :o

I hope to god I get used to unflavoured whey, it really is foul, wish I spent the extra now

You'll get used to it mate, I bought a 2.5kg bag from MP, the firsrt week I gagged literally everytime takign a shake. By the end of the bag gag reflex had gone and it was just the norm.

(saying that, I did go back to banana flavour on my next bag ;) )

Caporegime
You'll get used to it mate, I bought a 2.5kg bag from MP, the firsrt week I gagged literally everytime takign a shake. By the end of the bag gag reflex had gone and it was just the norm.

(saying that, I did go back to banana flavour on my next bag ;) )

Aye, I have a 5kg bag so got a fair wack to get used to! :p

I'll be buying flavoured next time, just makes the whole process a lot nicer

Caporegime
im going to try joe rogans shake this week.

kale, celery, pear, cucumber and ginger.

stick in a powerful blender, not a juicer as you want the fibre stuff, not just the juice.

supposed to help you lose weight, feel a lot more energetic and active and help you digest all your meals.

joe rogan takes about 50 pills a day

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138768023

skip to 10 minutes 30 seconds into the video and he talks about it and 12 minutes in he starts making it.

wonder if its all bro science or not?

Soldato
Are you prone to getting ill Skill? Weren't you ill quite recently?

Joined the new gym today! A lot smaller than my old gym but all the right stuff is there.... apart from cardio equipment! No rowing for a while then. :( Proper old school gym, allowed to use chalk etc!

Gotta figure out a way to get skipping again.

Glad to be back in though :cool: tuna & pasta back should be ready in about 5 minutes.

Woop!

Caporegime
Are you prone to getting ill Skill? Weren't you ill quite recently?

Joined the new gym today! A lot smaller than my old gym but all the right stuff is there.... apart from cardio equipment! No rowing for a while then. :( Proper old school gym, allowed to use chalk etc!

Gotta figure out a way to get skipping again.

Glad to be back in though :cool: tuna & pasta back should be ready in about 5 minutes.

Woop!

Just buy a skipping rope, I got one a while back from a sports shop for less than a fiver, probably get them loads cheaper. Otherwise see if theres somewhere you can jog before hand?

Permabanned
Oh God has the pain from the MMA from the other night kicked in. Literally crippled. Can't walk properly, neck is sore, the muscle under my arms is aching, and it's severely painful in the rib region to cough.

Might have to take it a bit easier next time lol.

Soldato
Just buy a skipping rope, I got one a while back from a sports shop for less than a fiver, probably get them loads cheaper. Otherwise see if theres somewhere you can jog before hand?

I have one already. :)

The problem is finding somewhere to skip! Will have to see if I can skip in the bedroom, all other rooms have lower light fittings and there is no space in the garden or in the gym. :\

Not keen on running tbh, I'd rather go without! Will see if I can use a rower elsewhere if I can't skip in the bedroom.

Caporegime
I have one already. :)

The problem is finding somewhere to skip! Will have to see if I can skip in the bedroom, all other rooms have lower light fittings and there is no space in the garden or in the gym. :\

Not keen on running tbh, I'd rather go without! Will see if I can use a rower elsewhere if I can't skip in the bedroom.

Yeah, I hate running, but I only do it for a few minutes to get the blood flowing before a workout.

May eventually go on the rower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom