*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah...Someone sad don't do that though due to the sugar etc? :p

I dunno, I'll see

I have flavoured instant oats...but the i've been told to cut my carbs down as well

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH :p

What about MP's flavoring system? Would it work out cheaper to get unflavoured and then get some flavouring compared to just getting Flavored Protein.

Last edited:
Soldato
I honestly didn't even know they did flavoring :p

He means once you add nesquik will it even work out cheaper than buying flavoured to start with.

Honestly though in a week or so you wont mind the unflavoured and considering you have no money its worthwhile. I've had chocolate whey before i got MP stuff and yeah it tastes great but its 5 seconds of drinking its not like a whole meal or something

Soldato
Nice night away from the gym tonight :) smashed out Deadlifts on Monday, 3x8 @ 100kg. Yesterday saw me still not conquer my DB press with 22kg though, got 2x8 then 1x6 :( found it harder since arching my back, but pec activation is amazing compared to what I used to get!

Legs tomorrow, will contemplate hitting 100kg for 3x8.

Soldato
He means once you add nesquik will it even work out cheaper than buying flavoured to start with.

Honestly though in a week or so you wont mind the unflavoured and considering you have no money its worthwhile. I've had chocolate whey before i got MP stuff and yeah it tastes great but its 5 seconds of drinking its not like a whole meal or something

No mate, I think they actually sell flavouring in big sacks too :)

Soldato
No mate, I think they actually sell flavouring in big sacks too :)

Yep, they have a flavoring system (powder and liquid) you can find it under 'Our Range' :D I got a free sample of banana liquid drops and I only had to use 2 drops per shake and it made unflavored taste exactly like their flavored range.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man i need to go to the gym at a different time. Sooooo many people in there today.
Good session though.
2x10 65kg squat felt good and all isolation was pretty beast :)

Yep. Started going around 11pm myself. The amount of posers and timewasters that that hang there from 6pm to 10pm is almost out of control.

Soldato
You can still take other stuff surely? IE Vit C for example?

Aye I can yeah. In fact I just received delivery of the following

120x vit C 1000mg with rosehip
120x vit B complex
720x omega 3 1000mg
15kg pea protein (+ 1kg choc whey, shaker and towel for all for free!)

I already have 540x omega 3 1000mg with added vitamin E so I should be set until I go travelling in 4 months.

Associate
The tendons/ligaments on the front of my elbows are really tight... and hurt when I extend my arms. Best way to stretch this out? I've been warming up/down and stretching before/after exercise obviously. This is from two days ago, will it disappear if I drink some toughen-up juice?

Associate
The tendons/ligaments on the front of my elbows are really tight... and hurt when I extend my arms. Best way to stretch this out? I've been warming up/down and stretching before/after exercise obviously. This is from two days ago, will it disappear if I drink some toughen-up juice?

I get this after a pretty intense arm workout. Sleep on it and they'll feel better in the morning, and all pain will be gone after 2 days.

I've found nothing really helps to ease it when trying to extend your arms fully, so you'll just have to deal with it :D

Associate
You sure it's the tendons/ligaments and not the biceps?

If it definitely is I'd see a physio tbh.

Yeah it may well be the muscle, it's focused on the area around the elbow though, both above and below the elbow.

EDIT: After a quick google I'd probably say it's an extensor... brachioradialis looks about right. :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime

Dang :(

Check in the Mobility thread on here as well, may be able to get some advice

Just done my Chest day today, bit of an anti-climax :o
Can't feel much today, hopefully get some DOMS tomorrow :( Bit annoying...My chest days are all over the place, it's the one muscle group I can't hit properly every session properly.

Just chugged a pint of unflavoured whey (2 scoops, with a dash of chock oats) and milk in there, seems to have done the trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom