Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
3x5x87.5kg squat
2x5x87.5kg DL
2x5xBW+5kg pullups
2x5x72.5kg bench :D
etc

All felt goooood. Gym was pretty much empty which was awesome so took a vid of my 2nd set of squats which i'll get up later

Man of Honour
3x5x87.5kg squat
2x5x87.5kg DL
2x5xBW+5kg pullups
2x5x72.5kg bench :D
etc

All felt goooood. Gym was pretty much empty which was awesome so took a vid of my 2nd set of squats which i'll get up later
Nice work mate, it's a great feeling finishing a cycle :)

Get testing those 1 rep maxes!

Caporegime
Got evil pain in both my arms from shoulder pressing on Wednesday. Stopped me squatting as many reps as I wanted and ruined my bench this evening :(

Hopefully the weekend off then a deload week should help for the following 4 weeks when it gets heavy.

Soldato
Been losing motivation lately, so decided to switch to stronglifts.

Question is though - should i start the exercises at weights near the top of my range? or something i know i can do comfortably? or like Mehdi says, just the bar? I'm by no means a massive lifter, but i'd rather not go back to just the bar unless it'll really help

Caporegime
My deadlifts went insanely well tonight. My shoulder and posture rehab is really starting to show gains now. Lifted equal PB tonight, bearing on mind I have only had 4 sessions since a 10month break from lifting, and it felt really good. Super chuffed :)

Caporegime
My deadlifts went insanely well tonight. My shoulder and posture rehab is really starting to show gains now. Lifted equal PB tonight, bearing on mind I have only had 4 sessions since a 10month break from lifting, and it felt really good. Super chuffed :)

Nice work buddy :)

My back session wasn't too bad yesterday, seemed to have worked it out quite nicely all over...Certainly feel it this morning.

Got up to 105KG for the DL, not my PB (only 107KG) but not bad, wasn't feeling right so I stopped there.

Soldato
Well all my lifts seem to improving apart from my Shoulder Press; It seems to have got stuck at 65kg :(. I've gone back to Stronglifts routine, but with push/pull due to new work schedule. So, hoping I can improve on it now.

Associate
Last night I was about to finish my session with some crossovers and when I go there some short bald skinny little **** was doing one arm push downs and some wannabe side raises without taking any breaks.
So after 2 very long sets I went to him and asked if he can use one of the other 3 individual pulleys which were free during the gym as I couldn't use them for crossovers but he can use them for his "exercising".
To which he points at a random guy walking past 2 of them saying "he's using them" and I pointed to the 3rd one saying "well that's still free". He just turns around and says "just wait 5 minutes".

Funny thing is I never found such gym etiquette on people who are actually serious on their training as they usually don't do ridiculous exercises in the first place to be fair.

Permabanned
Dont really classify as gym work but it is cardio. Just did some running for 30 minutes for the first time, totally knackered now, really determined to shred some weight and with going to the gym monday, tuesday and wednesday (had to change the time to fit around college) should see some real progress soon.

BTK

Caporegime
Last night I was about to finish my session with some crossovers and when I go there some short bald skinny little **** was doing one arm push downs and some wannabe side raises without taking any breaks.
So after 2 very long sets I went to him and asked if he can use one of the other 3 individual pulleys which were free during the gym as I couldn't use them for crossovers but he can use them for his "exercising".
To which he points at a random guy walking past 2 of them saying "he's using them" and I pointed to the 3rd one saying "well that's still free". He just turns around and says "just wait 5 minutes".

Funny thing is I never found such gym etiquette on people who are actually serious on their training as they usually don't do ridiculous exercises in the first place to be fair.

Heh, almost as bad as the kids in my gym dancing around to the music taking up the place

Caporegime
got a question for the experienced guys in here. well in fact 2 questions.

1. How much muscle (in grams) do you think a natural person can grow in 1 day?

2. How much protein (in grams) do you think it really takes to grow said amount of muscle in question 1?

Caporegime
Been losing motivation lately, so decided to switch to stronglifts.

Question is though - should i start the exercises at weights near the top of my range? or something i know i can do comfortably? or like Mehdi says, just the bar? I'm by no means a massive lifter, but i'd rather not go back to just the bar unless it'll really help

start at half of your maximum. the whole point is to slowly build it all up. this works a lot better than pushing yourself at maximum all the time.

when you fail a set of 5 x 5, de-load back to 75% of said failed weight and start to build back up again.

it takes time, dont think your going to get their faster by starting ahead.

Soldato
start at half of your maximum. the whole point is to slowly build it all up. this works a lot better than pushing yourself at maximum all the time.

when you fail a set of 5 x 5, de-load back to 75% of said failed weight and start to build back up again.

it takes time, dont think your going to get their faster by starting ahead.

Cheers!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The same as the ones posted in here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18240544
...although I'm doing deficit deads instead of SLDL on the B day, and I also dropped one set of front squats to add in a single set of walking DB lunges. I'm liking both of these changes, although I'm not sure I could recommend high rep deficit deads.

Looks good.

Here is my list I've come up with, what do you think?

A
Code:
Squat
Seated Raise
Bench Press
Rows
Seated DB Press
Seated DB Curl
Rope Extensions

B
Code:
Leg Press
Standing Raise
Dips
Deadlift
Lateral Raises
BB Curl
CGBP

Not sure on number of sets for each rep phase. I've seen 1x15, 2x10, 3x5 used a fair amount. but I don't know how it's possible to do your 5 RM for 3 sets at the end of the 5 phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom