*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
first week feels a bit easy if i'm honest. Probably because i have squat a fair bit before, at 65-70kg. knocked it back to 30 to start off with and am trying to go real deep each time now. not really that comfortable on the BB row, but practice makes perfect, and i am just taking that slow and watching my form.

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
first week feels a bit easy if i'm honest. Probably because i have squat a fair bit before, at 65-70kg. knocked it back to 30 to start off with and am trying to go real deep each time now. not really that comfortable on the BB row, but practice makes perfect, and i am just taking that slow and watching my form.
Your mate should not be listened to under any circumstances. Training more days can have it's benefits, but the relationship more=better doesn't exist in the gym. Unsurprisingly, smart=better, and stronglifts is a good routine that teaches the very important principle of progression from submaximal loads.

Don't be tempted to increase the weight prematurely, it just means you'll stall sooner. However, treat every rep like it is your max and explode through it with good form.

Soldato
Your mate should not be listened to under any circumstances. Training more days can have it's benefits, but the relationship more=better doesn't exist in the gym. Unsurprisingly, smart=better, and stronglifts is a good routine that teaches the very important principle of progression from submaximal loads.

Don't be tempted to increase the weight prematurely, it just means you'll stall sooner. However, treat every rep like it is your max and explode through it with good form.

i just cant convince him that it's the right way. he's been training for 3 years, and of course knows it all. apparently he "cant" squat or deadlift, shame cos i think he'd get a lot out of SL - he's so stalled.

Soldato
This deal might interest some of you.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mp-...ein-1-8kg-60-percent-saving-myprotein-1057450

Used it in conjunction with the 3-for-2 on bars today. 3 packs of bars and 3.6kg of (slightly weird!) whey for £53, total discount £61 LOL. Infact, you might be able to stack the 20% off MPMAX code aswell. Damn why didn't I think of that 10 minutes ago.

You cant use the MPMAX code, dont worry

Shame its full of stimulants, I normally have a shake before bed, but wouldnt be getting, much sleep after this!

Two tubs (3.6kg) comes to £27!

Man of Honour
i just cant convince him that it's the right way. he's been training for 3 years, and of course knows it all. apparently he "cant" squat or deadlift, shame cos i think he'd get a lot out of SL - he's so stalled.
Kind of says it all really ;)

He'll soon come round when you beat his PBs.

Soldato

There's no point trying with some people. My housemate has been to the gym with me twice in the past 2 weeks i don't bother asking if he's coming anymore. Strange how he gets mad when i leave without him at 7:05 but oh no he won't meet me there (gym is 2 mins walk away) and when i get back there's a takeaway on the table. He knows what time i go so if he aint coming it's not my problem he can stay fat for all i care.
/dailyrant

Caporegime
Hah, indeed :(

And seriously....'Can't' Squat or Deadlift?...Or just doesn't want to? My brother said something similar the other day...

I told him that i'd just lifted a new PB (he didn't know i'd been training) and he was like "oh right, on what?"....I said the Deadlift...

Brother: "You mean what all the egg chasers do?" :D :p

Hehe...Bless him, told him that he needs to be doing those and squats at least, no idea what else he does.

Soldato
Feeling great after a couple of weeks on the new regime and my does changing away from the normal workouts give you some pain.

Aiming for 3/4 sets of 8-10 reps is much harder than just 3 sets of 6, Plus it's easier to do it right as I don't have a spotter.

Also plugged in my new diet into dailyburn this morning for yesterday. Aiming for 3200 calories and after plugging it in blind daily burn added up........ exactly 3200. No joke or cheating! Macros are:

P - 30% - 240g
C - 38% - 304g
F - 32% - 114g

Really happy with that and i know this is a diet I can easily keep too. Getting chicken in each day with beef every other day or two with Babcias Pork burgers (homemade polski food f.t.w!) every other day if I have the stock.

7 weeks until I'm sunning myself in Phuket and Malaysia with the gf (getting back together and going to see her out there) so I need to be bigger and lose some of my now scottish drinking mini-flabbelly and get hot!

Am training on a 4-day split doing:
1 - Chest/Tri
2 - Back/Bi/Forearm
3 - Soulders/Traps
4 - Legs

With 4-5 cardio session a week of 5k running around the Energy Development Park where the office is. I love it when things just start going well! Although I'm still not doing deadlifts as I'm scard of them/my technique/hurting myself :/

Man of Honour
Just picked up a tub of MP True whey in milk chocolate for £13 bargain! Also tried some clean and press for the first time this morning, jesus they're a good work out.

Caporegime
Just picked up a tub of MP True whey in milk chocolate for £13 bargain! Also tried some clean and press for the first time this morning, jesus they're a good work out.

Aye, I tried them with just the bar, can see why they work everything just from that! :p

Will hopefully incorporate them at a later date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom