*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Don't worry about the numbers you're lifting dude, we all have to start somewhere!

You'd be better off having the protein shake before working out. The BCAAs in the protein are highly beneficial intra-workout (while you're working out). Keep the cereal there too if you like, though personally I'd skip it because the insulin response it causes would make me tired mid-workout.

Direct abdominal work.. don't even waste your time here. You won't gain anything from it and your time would be much better spent elsewhere. Do something like clean and jerks, pallof presses or barbell complexes if you want some extra exercises in there.

Thanks, very helpful.
I'm a bit annoyed today because I missed my morning workout and I'm not going to be free to do it this evening. I'm going to have to force myself to be in bed/lights out by 10PM from now on I think, getting up at 6 is hard for a lazy person like me :(

Caporegime
Thanks, very helpful.
I'm a bit annoyed today because I missed my morning workout and I'm not going to be free to do it this evening. I'm going to have to force myself to be in bed/lights out by 10PM from now on I think, getting up at 6 is hard for a lazy person like me :(

It's getting a routine down really, thats the hard part.

I'd be stumped if I have to train in the morning :o I'm lucky my gyms onsite to be honest :D

Associate
Just picked up a tub of MP True whey in milk chocolate for £13 bargain! Also tried some clean and press for the first time this morning, jesus they're a good work out.

Nice price! I got 25% off, still cost me c£25..
Clean and press isn't a compound i use, i don't do any olympic lifts, thinking I should do, just to mix it up, what do you reckon?

Man of Honour
Nice price! I got 25% off, still cost me c£25..
Clean and press isn't a compound i use, i don't do any olympic lifts, thinking I should do, just to mix it up, what do you reckon?

I used some free money paypal gave me to save the extra cash :D I'd say mix it up, like you it's not something I use in my normal routine but it's good to throw something different in every now and again.

Caporegime
Deads and back tonight.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

Going to be annoying kids in the room again :(, just have to go around them I suppose...Just annoying as I can;t do deadlifts when they're in there due to them prancing around like little ponies

Soldato
Nearly projectile vomitted in the squat rack with my hangover today!
2x10 front squats @80kg to finish HST 10's. Form was a bit poor but reckon I could have more in the tank (sans hangover)

Also twinged something in my left shoulder benching 72.5x10 (although I think I felt it a little on warm up sets) so immediately stopped, but could easily manage 80x10 I think.

Soldato
Looks like i'll have to ask a randomer to spot my 1rm bench tonight. My gym buddy has been playing CoD since 2:30 when he said he was going to the library.

Hope there is someone in there i recognise or else i don't think i'll risk going above 80kg :( :o

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Second session of workout A 15s today, felt so much better than Monday - Managed to nail the squat volume this time. Some noteworthy lifts:
Squat - 90kg x 15 x 2
Bench Press - 85kg x 15 x 2
Seated DB Shoulder Press - 25kg x 15 x 2

Soldato
My strength has gone down loads after not really being in the gym properly for about 4 weeks. Still, back on track now and giving the body a hammering. Random (but massive!) bloke in the gym told me my squats weren't low enough and I am still suffering DOMs 2 days later so I guess he was right! :p Was only squatting 40kg!

Caporegime
Very nice :D

Got myself a 95kg bench yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah buddyyyy. aint nothin but a peanut. i reckon i have 100kg in me but my spotter disappeared while i went for a drink!

95kg!? Sweet, i'm struggling on 60kg at the moment. lol
Seem to prefer keeping it lighter at the moment so I get a nice workout on the chest, otherwise my form goes to pop

Man of Honour
Reasonably good session yesterday, sloooooooooowly getting back into it. My 2 HIIT sessions this week killed me calves felt tight all week. Ah well.

DLs
115x10
155x10
155x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
155x8

C2PP
65x8
65x8
75x5
85x4
105x2

HC2PP
65x8
65x8
65x7
65x9

Some cable side raises

Followed by a bit of arm work :)().

Strength is still a little shy, but at 93kg now it's understandable as to why I've lost a bit of overall power. Looking leaner, and starting to develop some vascularity which is nice.

Man of Honour
After my day of clean + press yesterday I'm in so much pain! My abs hurt, my shoulders hurt, my traps hurt, my biceps hurt.
Feels good man :cool:

Edit: almost forgot my hamstrings are getting in on the pain action too
Edit edit: and my forearms

Last edited:
Caporegime
After my day of clean + press yesterday I'm in so much pain! My abs hurt, my shoulders hurt, my traps hurt, my biceps hurt.
Feels good man :cool:

Edit: almost forgot my hamstrings are getting in on the pain action too
Edit edit: and my forearms

clean + press is such a big complex, you should/could have DOMS everywhere :) Nice going though, not many bother to do such complexes (my self included :o)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom