*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
New breakfast meal tested this morning, tastes good!

200ml semi Milk
30g Oats
1 Banana
Walnuts
1 Scoop Raspberry Impact Whey

Marcos
Protein - 37.8g
Carbs - 62.6g
Fats - 27.8
Calories - 647

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
What do you do your incline bench on? I always do mine inside a power rack with the safety bars around my stomach height. Then if I fail I can just drop the bar forward.

one of these (slight difference there is a platform at the back for a spotter to stand over) - not much you can do if you fail :( and its awkard postion to do anything about it when bar is on you :eek:

maximus-fitness-mx-552-incline-press-weight-bench_0_400x360.jpg

Caporegime
New breakfast meal tested this morning, tastes good! Haven't worked out the marcos get but will soon.

200ml semi Milk
30g Oats
1 Banana
Walnuts
1 Scoop Raspberry Impact Whey

Out of interest, do you mix that up cold? ie is the porridge cold?

one of these (slight difference there is a platform at the back for a spotter to stand over) - not much you can do if you fail :( and its awkard postion to do anything about it when bar is on you :eek:

Nice...

Not even space for a lower catch arm presumably? Atleast I can fail on to a small catch if needs be :p

Soldato
B session in gym today, which means Squats, Shoulder Press, Deadlift, Dips (and some ancillaries afterwards); such an awesome session for feeling like an awesome man.

Caporegime
I may try and get in to this A / B session malark one day :p...

I'm really liking my routine at the moment, seems to be coming together nicely :) Just wish I could get some nice mass slapped on to me now. Hopefully a cut in the new year will sort that

Why do you do incline over flat for 1RM?

Shake up the protein with the Milk, mix with the Oats and stick in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then I put the Banana and walnuts in.

Ahh okay, just wondering :)

I'm currently just eating eggs :o Trying to keep my carbs down where I can

Associate

Ah you have a proper one to use. I imagine people would be miffed if you use the power rack or cage over that when it's available.

Often I think the best place for a spotter is around the front basically straddling you. But obviously it looks pretty strange!

Associate
included clean+press into my routine, that's a nice lift! I usually only do 1 compound, then the rest of the sesh is built around that group, but clean+press works so much, it's a bugger!

Permabanned
Saw a doctor who was happy to refer me.

Got a letter in the post today saying that I have a referral to the Physiotheraphy central registration for the spiner service (??????).

I will be contacted in due course. Any ideas of the time scale involved?

Soldato
If I have a Legs/chest/back split...Where would a clean and press go in to that?

TBH, everyone will probably have a different answer for this. It's a compound that works virtually every muscle group, so it's not too important. I do it on my A routine as that routine largely focuses on my back (pull ups and BORs) and only one tricep exercise, so I feel more confident in the "press" section of the compound.

I only do it at the end to burn up some calories and work my body all over a little bit, not sure how it would fit in to a conventional split, probably in to a push/pull split better =)

But definitely YouTube some videos on how to do it, form is important as hell with these! =)

Caporegime
TBH, everyone will probably have a different answer for this. It's a compound that works virtually every muscle group, so it's not too important. I do it on my A routine as that routine largely focuses on my back (pull ups and BORs) and only one tricep exercise, so I feel more confident in the "press" section of the compound.

I only do it at the end to burn up some calories and work my body all over a little bit, not sure how it would fit in to a conventional split, probably in to a push/pull split better =)

But definitely YouTube some videos on how to do it, form is important as hell with these! =)

Thanks for the input man, appreciated.

Yeah will look up some form vids etc soon. I did try a few the other day going by what i've noted down before, and can certainly see why they are good.

Love exercises that use a lot of muscle groups!

@Kenmare

It depends entirely, i've had to wait over a month before on a hospital visit...Then another time the lovely lady on the desk managed to get me an appointment two weeks later (weird eh?) As I couldn't physically get back to the hospital after three weeks or something.

Caporegime
I swear my body trys to make me not go to the gym...My legs are 'hurting' :p...

Then on Wednesday my shoulders / chest will hurt in some way...and Friday my back will have a niggle :D

Stupid thing

Soldato
No appetite at all today :mad: Had my breakfast and 9am. Sat here now with my bacon and eggs, not eaten since, and i'm seriously forcing it down! Blehhh. I'm sure it will be better when i get the pizza and beer out after the gym :p

Soldato
So i started going to the gym this late because it was quieter.... Tonight was well and truly packed. Didn't even get to go on the flat bench with an oly bar, 2 guys were using it for almost 40 mins then i let a guy on it who was waiting before me. Didn't want to work in with him because he lifts heavy and i was doing 57.5kg today which would have been awkward, not to mention lack of plates.

Also the guy still hasn't replaced the broken 20kg dumbell so that messed up both my incline press and shoulder press, had to do 22.5kg which is too heavy for the start of 10s.

:mad: :mad: overall poor session

time for comfort beer and pizza and a good film

e:nice lifting lie

Caporegime
Got a video of my deadlift form today doing HST 90kg x 15. I think the form is coming along nicely.

Nice :)

That's a great example of how the bar moves vertically though, as opposed to being pulled up at an angle etc.

I'll try and let a video again on Friday to see how i'm going.

Managed my 75KG squat again today, which is good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom