*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You need to eat more, don't even have to add up that diet to know it's way way to little calories. It looks more like a cutting diet, there's probably not more than 1800kcals there depending on your dinner, I guess if your properly munching away on nuts there could be 2k.

Find a way to add it all up, find out what it is then whack 25% on top. Personally I am for 45/35/20 split of p/c/f but that's forevercutting.jpg.

Indeed, as said though, i'm struggling, money is the main issues. And just not knowing what to eat as i've been told to keep carbs down throughout the day due to my evening meals being different

Anyway, this is a rough guide to what it is before dinner:

MicrosoftExcel-totalsxlsCompatibilityMode_2011-12-02_11-04-47.jpg

I'll be honest, the measurements might be off for the whey and instant oats, I basically have a tea spoon of instant oats in the shakes...And then two and bit full scoops of whey in each shake.

Edit: I think my scoops are 70cl? Not sure, so not sure if those measurements are right...I'm also starting to have sausages in the morning with the eggs

Soldato
That's before my dinner, and before any nut snacking is added?

Height is 6ft, maybe 6ft+

Weight last I checked was 13 Stone+

Dunno then, maybe you just need more. Like i say i'm nearer 3500 most days. Get some PB on toast, cheap as hell, not much to actually eat, 400 calories or so. It's my go to food when i need a little extra in the day.
As for the money issue, my shopping for this week has come to £22 and that includes some vit c tablets and toothpaste which aren't weekly purchases. £3.50 saved using asda price guarantee with previous receipts. Got an 8 pack of sausages for like 30p because they were in the reduced to clear section, hunt the bargains!

Had a **** session. Tired as hell and back not feeling good at all.

Caporegime
Dunno then, maybe you just need more. Like i say i'm nearer 3500 most days. Get some PB on toast, cheap as hell, not much to actually eat, 400 calories or so. It's my go to food when i need a little extra in the day.
As for the money issue, my shopping for this week has come to £22 and that includes some vit c tablets and toothpaste which aren't weekly purchases. £3.50 saved using asda price guarantee with previous receipts. Got an 8 pack of sausages for like 30p because they were in the reduced to clear section, hunt the bargains!

See, annoys the hell out of me :(

As said, going to eat sausges in the morning, get about 20 frozen ones for £1.50 or something, if not cheaper I think.

May try the peanut butter route, last I remember though I didn't like it, but that was years ago (Yes I like nuts but you know)

I've had the money talks with UE before :p My chicken is basically £1 for five breast, one a day. I'm just poor at the moment, i'm lucky i have the free gym, otherwise i'd have to use my iron-gym at home (ie the door pull-up soloution :p)

Soldato
They're more lie WSM lifts :o

Don't like them....What you fail to realise, as has already been said...The people in the original vid shouldn't have been doing that, fact. You can see how much they are extending over, it just shouldn't be happening.

Heavy sandbag carries, stone lifting, in fact the majority of the "strongman" lifts don't allow for perfect form, does that mean they shouldn't be done?

I see very little wrong in those videos considering the lift that is being performed. That's simply how that lift is.

Maybe i do "fail to realise", but luckily i have people like you to teach me how to lift properly.

Man of Honour
^^ Agreed.

A bit of "body english" can go a long way, and when doing those sort of movements, it's not always about finess - as long as you're performing it safely you're not likely to injure yourself. I know my form isn't perfect all of the time, but I strive to be.

You can't necessarily do "perfect" form anyway, as we're all built differently, have different ROMs, and physical attributes. I don't buy into the evangelistic approach of "you must do it perfecftly or else..." Even the experts all state that depending on your physical build/height/etc... you will have to modify the technique to suit you. The basics of it is, as long as your core is strong, and you don't hyperextend muscles unecessarily or beyond a stage where they can be taken, you'll be fine.

You need some cheating to push yourself FACT.

Caporegime
@oddjob and freefaller.

I am talking purely about the ORIGINAL video that was posted of a bunch of girls lifting a weight they shouldn't be lifting. If you can say that them hypextending their backs like that is a good thing, then fair play.

The two videos posted later, are completely different.

Soldato
OK I retract my comments on your diet Delvis, I'm amazed your not growing with 2.2k + dinner. I guess your just a naturally smaller person, the good news you'll probably be able to cut on 2k+.

Just keep doing what your doing, maybe change to Stronglifts in the new year to give yourself some real structure. I plan on doing Stronglifts come February aswell.

Caporegime
OK I retract my comments on your diet Delvis, I'm amazed your not growing with 2.2k + dinner. I guess your just a naturally smaller person, the good news you'll probably be able to cut on 2k+.

Just keep doing what your doing, maybe change to Stronglifts in the new year to give yourself some real structure. I plan on doing Stronglifts come February aswell.

It's weird :(...Unless I have the Whey portions wrong? No idea. I basically have two full 70cl scoops, usually with milk added as well.

I'm definitely growing, just I always carry fat in certain areas, even when I starved myself back in like 2008 (quite literally), my forearms have always been thin as well, which is annoying.

Maybe I need to add something to lunch? But what? I'm trying to keep overall carbs down as we always have carbs for dinner...Well, we'll always have potatoes or something

Man of Honour
Sorry what was that?! :o :(

Delvis, my comments were purely based on what I was reading, obviously once I look at the vids I'll add to the comments. :)

I think we should have a sports arena awards thread, similar to the one they have in GD.

We could have several categories like "Gym Rat of the Year 2011", "Contributor of the Year", "Most Improved Physique of 2011", "Most Impressive Weight Loss of the Year", "Most Improved Powerlift Totals 2011" etc etc

Just an idea :) in fact it's probably been done before

Soldato
It's weird :(...Unless I have the Whey portions wrong? No idea. I basically have two full 70cl scoops, usually with milk added as well.

I'm definitely growing, just I always carry fat in certain areas, even when I starved myself back in like 2008 (quite literally), my forearms have always been thin as well, which is annoying.

Maybe I need to add something to lunch? But what? I'm trying to keep overall carbs down as we always have carbs for dinner...Well, we'll always have potatoes or something

A large MP scoop is 70cc, which is 25g of Impact Whey.

Energy: 98.3Kcal
Energy: 414.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 20.5g
Protein (as-is): 19.6g
Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrates: 1.5g
Calcium: 125.0mg
Cholesterol: 0.5mg

EDIT: In for GymRatz reward thread, leave it right til Christmas though so I can actually finish my forevercut. Also make sure there's a category I can win thankyouplease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom