*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It's weird :(...Unless I have the Whey portions wrong? No idea. I basically have two full 70cl scoops, usually with milk added as well.

I'm definitely growing, just I always carry fat in certain areas, even when I starved myself back in like 2008 (quite literally), my forearms have always been thin as well, which is annoying.

Maybe I need to add something to lunch? But what? I'm trying to keep overall carbs down as we always have carbs for dinner...Well, we'll always have potatoes or something

You say you're poor, but you'll be rinsing through the whey at a phenomenal rate if you're really having that much in each shake... I reckon your scoops are more like 25-30 than 70! That'd be a BIG scoop.

If you really are eating that much whey then cut back and eat something cheaper!

Man of Honour
Could do :) Or just have one thread with a template post such as

Gym Rat of the Year:
Most Improved Physique:
Best Contributor:
etc etc

Everyone quotes that and fills it in with their reason for each one, and we tally it at the end :)

Caporegime
Is this a mistake? Your chart suggests you have 50g of instant oats, which is about 10 tea spoons.

EDIT: Your scoops are also most definitely not 70cl, that's the size of a wine bottle. :D

God knows, they're the large scoops. I'm going by the charts.

It says 70 something on the bottom of the scoop so, i'll check later when i'm home.

ignore the oats comment

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You say you're poor, but you'll be rinsing through the whey at a phenomenal rate if you're really having that much in each shake... I reckon your scoops are more like 25-30 than 70! That'd be a BIG scoop.

If you really are eating that much whey then cut back and eat something cheaper!

It doesn't get much cheaper than whey to get your protein from.
Your scoop is a 70ml one which should hold 25-30g of whey and 0.5 of 100g is 50g :p

Caporegime

As discussed with you, a 5kg bag of whey is cheaper and will last me a fair while, and it's far easier for me and my lifestyle at the moment.

My whey shakes, have two full scoops, the scoops contain more than a heaped table spoon, so if you can add that up feel free.

I can't bloody win, seriously. I get told to eat more, then get told to drink the whey if i'm struggling for macros.

:o

Caporegime
It doesn't get much cheaper than whey to get your protein from.
Your scoop is a 70ml one which should hold 25-30g of whey and 0.5 of 100g is 50g :p

Thank you for clarifying, i'll amend the chart when I get a sec :)

Thanks dude

EDIT: With the Instant oats removed, it reads as:

Cals: 1887
Fat: 60.60
Carbs:118.90
Prot: 223.10

I then need to add peanuts in to the equation and dinner in the evening. Which will take me way past the 2000 calorie mark?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Your not struggling for macros (imo, 230g is PLENTY.), your struggling for kcals :). Maybe drop a shake (or two) and get the equivalent protein from real food.

Can't, it boils down to money again.

What could I have at lunch that is 'affordable' along side the wraps? Or with the chicken?

Annoyingly, Delvis, we both have the same predicament but for different reasons. I can afford to eat the food but my body doesn't like the stuff that gives easy calories! :(

Indeed...Maybe if you give me your money? And I give you my body?

No wait! :eek:

Soldato
Really though? Took me over 3k to begin gaining weight even at 65kg :p

I hate you :o.

My cutting intake has slowly dropped from 2200 down to 1700 from a bodyweight of 133kg to 81kg. I plan on bulking at 2400 for a month and seeing what happens. I can also put on water weight & glycogen at a rate rivalled only by Polar Bears after hibernation.

Endo4life :cool:.

Soldato
It's not so bad now i've lowered the amount of real food i'm eating but boy did i hate having to eat so much before. hell i've actually been eating close to 3700 a day for the past week or so! and that doesn't even count stuff like cooking oil, sauces, drinks etc. i look forward to giving cutting a try though

this was yesterday
G6Vi8.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom