*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hm, I was under the impression that it's best to consume with 20 mins or so? Or atleast in the first hour...?

Sure within an hour you should get some in but to us mere mortals 5 minutes or 30 isn't going to make a difference. I still believe at the level half the people in this thread are at all that's important is lifting heavy and hitting your macros. Being slack as **** sometimes certainly hasn't stopped me gaining, maybe not quite optimal progress but it aint half bad.

Soldato
A Virgin Active has just opened up near me, and I get discount + cash back with my healthcare . I haven't checked it out yet as I assumed it would be hamster wheels as far as the eye can see? Maybe not if it's good enough for TANK!

Anyone here train at the Bristol Virgin Active (formerly Esporta iirc).

Soldato
A Virgin Active has just opened up near me, and I get discount + cash back with my healthcare . I haven't checked it out yet as I assumed it would be hamster wheels as far as the eye can see? Maybe not if it's good enough for TANK!

Its pretty much the same as the David Lloyd as far as I could make out, they have a smith machine so I don't need anyone to spot me when I reach the point of no return on squats and bench.

Soldato

thats near me, let me know what it's like - currently at FF cribbs causeway and not thrilled with it

might switch to Risk on gloucester road

Associate
8 Weeks training today and pretty good eating except from weekends where I tend to let mtself loose on pasta and some sweets and maybe an energy drink =P It is much easyer to contol my diet during the school week as im not sitting around bored. my diet is usally...

Training days (mon, wed, fri)

100g of oats + 1 scoup of mp max whey with water for brekkie.
lunch is usally a large chicken tikka/tandori harvester (brown bread)
before workout is same as brekkie except from 5g of creatine
after workout is 1 scoup of whey and 2 scoups of dextrose

Non trading days will be the same brekkie and lunch but dinner will usally be a stir fry/normal chicken and tatties with veg or pasta if I can't resist the temptation :(
but if I get really starving I will have a protein bar.

Been doing full body workouts so 5 exersizes for (chest, biceps, triceps, legs, abs ,back) usally as heavy as possable till failure, well 3 sets of 8 reps. I recently started doing squats and the deadlift 3 weeks agow and I love it! I love trying to beat my 1RM every week or so and thinking of getting into it more but fat is a problem :( I've lost a lot while doing this but I still want to lose more and get it down to 10-12% BF (have no idea what I am at the moment) I want the six pack but also the strength if thats possible? With this diet and the ammount of carbs I have been eating plus the time I've spent in the gym each session I have bulked up a fair bit but I don't think I have anywhere to come from as I took no directly before pictures and measurments only after...

Age 17
Weight: 69 Kg
Height 5,7"
Lowerarm 10.5" (In the middle between my wrist and elbow)
Upper arm 14"/14,1/2"
waist 33"
chest 40"
lower leg 15"
upper leg 22"

1RP

Bench 100Kg
squat 97.5 Kg (not retested in 2 weeks)
deadlift 145Kg (got this on friday from a little motovation from a friend then seen stars )

Any advice on my diet and tranning would be helpfull :) Want to get my bodyfat down while increasing my strength.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I'm not cut I have quite a lot mass plus I've always been pretty strong. Help my grandpa since I was 12 doing heavy work. Plus I have been in boxing for 6 months before the gym, I just eat to much and not the right things :(

Soldato
This is slightly OT but still kinda relates to the thread...

What are the general thoughts on asking people out in the gym...? There's a girl in my new gym who I've only seen twice since I joined a couple of months ago that I've pretty much fallen in love with! :o

I see nice girls all the time but there's something about this one that really floats my boat. I NEVER ask random girls out but both times I've seen this one I've been this close to doing so - just haven't quite got the stones (yet).

Is it bad form to bug someone with earphones on to ask them out? I'd wait until she was resting obviously!

Soldato
skeptical_hippo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom