Incline Bench or DB
Cable Rows or DB Rows (not decided yet)
45deg Leg Press

Day 3:

Military Press
Lat Pulls
Deadlifts

I'll start off at 60% probably.

I want to add some power cleans and chins in there too - so just need to see how the routine pans out so that I can add those in too. I know there's too much arm work in there but I love them too much :p

Caporegime
Surely that plan should be:

Seated bicep curls:
7x7
6x6
5x5

Standing bicep curls:
7x7
6x6
5x5

Bicep curls in squat rack:
7x7
6x6
5x5

Day 2:

Preacher curls
Cable curls

Day 3:

Concentration curls
Bent over curls
'mirin in the mirror

Soldato
I'll be visiting the local virgin active gym on Thursday to see if they have a power rack or its all over for me going there. Not as local but there is a Fitness First In Bognor Regis that I'll check out as well.
Got off the phone to both gyms Virgin Active don't have a power cage, but they do have a squat rack. Dumbbells only go up to 40 kilos lol. Fitness first are the same story but their dumbbells go up to 56 kilos yummy and they're only £15 a month.

Soldato
What I mean is you wouldn't want to be facing the catches would you? You would want to be facing away when performing the squat? That way if you fell backwards you would be safer?

Man of Honour
Heh....Did these the other day as you said to...Stumbled about 6 times :o
haha I told you so :D

In terms of fairly complicated routines, this one is worth a try:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-...ll-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

A guy from my powerlifting club recommended it to me because I was looking for a change of pace (a while ago, but decided to stick with HST). Flat mate started doing it and likes it apart from the "just silly amount of arm work" :p

Caporegime
Lol! You guys :p

Delvis,

Sets x reps
7x7 (7s between sets)
6x6 (6s between sets)
5x5 (5s between sets)

110 reps in total.

Do for 3 major exercises.

Total 330 reps.

Ta, makes sense now :)...Shant be doing that just yet mind! Let me know how you get on!

Also, at 1:40 in the video for AR7, his arms are REALLY wide on the squat? Or is this normal? If I had my arms that wide they'd be over the catchers =/

What I mean is you wouldn't want to be facing the catches would you? You would want to be facing away when performing the squat? That way if you fell backwards you would be safer?

I face towards them:

Soldato
Freefaller what do you think of this routine For strong lifts 5x5?

Monday

Chest:
Incline Bench Press
Bench Press
Chest Dips
Pec Dec

Biceps:
EZ Bar Curls
Concentration Curls

Forearms:
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls

Wednesday

Legs:
Squats

Shoulders:
Standing Military Press
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise (sides)
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise (front)
Dumbbell Shrugs

Friday

Back:
Wide Grip Pull Ups
Deadlifts
T-Bar Rows
Seated Close Grip Pull Downs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Good Mornings

Triceps:
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extensions
Skull crushers.

Soldato

My rack is basically the same as that one and i face the catchers. Although the horizontals do extend back about twice as far so theres plenty of room to dump the weight.

Man of Honour

You really aren't going to fall backwards, unless you decide to squat on a pogo stick. After you've done this with light weight for a few weeks you'll realise how silly this sounds, because actually it would be far more worrying to have to rack the weight without looking (**** doing that with a heavy weight!).
Freefaller what do you think of this routine For strong lifts 5x5?

Monday

Chest:
Incline Bench Press
Bench Press
Chest Dips
Pec Dec

Biceps:
EZ Bar Curls
Concentration Curls

Forearms:
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls

Wednesday

Legs:
Squats

Shoulders:
Standing Military Press
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise (sides)
Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise (front)
Dumbbell Shrugs

Friday

Back:
Wide Grip Pull Ups
Deadlifts
T-Bar Rows
Seated Close Grip Pull Downs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Good Mornings

Triceps:
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extensions
Skull crushers.
I wouldn't recommend doing all of that 5x5, for the isolation exercises it would be a waste of time.

You still probably want more than one leg exercise. Even if you just use the leg press afterwards, but I would really recommend SLDL/RDL and reverse DB lunges.

Soldato
You really aren't going to fall backwards, unless you decide to squat on a pogo stick. After you've done this with light weight for a few weeks you'll realise how silly this sounds, because actually it would be far more worrying to have to rack the weight without looking (**** doing that with a heavy weight!).
Good point.

I wouldn't recommend doing all of that 5x5, for the isolation exercises it would be a waste of time.
5x5 routines have worked really well for me in the past bringing great strength and size gains.

Man of Honour
5x5 is great, but normally only for compound movements (squats, deads, rows, bench, etc.). More reps work better on isolation movements (bicep/tricep isolation, raises), because your form will break more readily with heavier weights. Also, being strong with an isolation movement isn't very useful - having a high 1 rep max for lateral raises won't get you anywhere.

edit: also, "stronglifts 5x5" is a set routine which has specific exercises. You won't be doing stronglifts 5x5 unless you follow that program.

Last edited:
Soldato
5x5 is great, but normally only for compound movements (squats, deads, rows, bench, etc.). More reps work better on isolation movements (bicep/tricep isolation, raises), because your form will break more readily with heavier weights. Also, being strong with an isolation movement isn't very useful - having a high 1 rep max for lateral raises won't get you anywhere.
Deadlifts, bench and squats 5x5 and the rest 3x10 sound good to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom