*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think someone previously mentioned to me that if I eat fats with simple carbs it will slow breakdown?

Will this stop me from falling asleep at the desk after a carb-heavy lunch? I'm going to have chicken with beans but then later I think chips with bacon or something fatty might have to be eaten. Will the fat from the bacon or whatever help me stay awake? I was really bad yesterday. :o

Caporegime
Hate it when that happens. Bottled water is pretty expensive for what it is.

Guess you missed the reference to the legendary pee bottle thread on a BB forum... :p

I don't follow bb forum :(

RE: Chest incline/decline: both. :)

Ta, so do both?

Dumbbells for a better developed chest.

Thanks Lie, Going to warm up on Bench and see how it goes on the flys. I figured a nice way of activating my oec more the other day while doing DB bench, so ill see how it goes

Soldato
You're better off not eating them at all. [/obvious answer]

Well, yeah, ideally. But it's better than the alternative which is to starve. I usually have jacket potato but fancy a change. You think the fat thing is a myth?

I don't follow bb forum :(

It was plastered all over the 'net although probably not on here for fear of giving people heart attacks as a result of reading swearing. :p

Caporegime
I think the fat+simple carbs = slow release is a myth. I'm not an expert on nutrition, but it just has that old-wives-tale ring to it, and typically it's just not that simple. :)

Best chest workout is a variety of chest workouts. Incline/flat/decline bench/db/dip/fly. Do a variety, and change them up every week. Listen to your muscles, and they will tell you which angle to work on. (Or rather, they will tell you which angles you have worked on, and the 'quiet' angles are what you should work on :p)

e.g.

week 1:

flat bench
incline bench
dips
flat flyes

week 2:
flat DBP
incline DBP
decline DBP
incline flyes

week 3:
flat bench
incline DBP
dips
decline flyes

etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to get my bench up to 85kg for a new PB, thankfully squats are slowly increasing up to 115kg (Wish Id got a squat stand with catchers now, as I think its fear thats stopping me increase it, incase I go down and cant get back up :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom