*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
hang em down m8 pointless balancing them up top will limit the weight you use, just need to make sure you can go low enough

Cheers dude, that's what I have been doing so that's good.

Upping it again next week, so should be fun

5kg :(

No 20kg :D Although the gym only has 4 20s so i had a 15+5 to make it up :p

Got to 130 with double overhand grip, needed mixed for 140 though

Nice one! Will be swesome when I get to three plates.

I'm still on the double overhand on 110kg, trying to keep it like that until I have to change up

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Did a couple of heavy pulls tonight on deadlifts to see where my form breaks. I can see the power low down isn't quite there yet. Last time I did these weights was many months ago using straps, which I no longer use. Waiting for my friend to send the videos. I did 190kg x 1 then 200kg x 1. The 190kg lift is interesting as I first try to get it off the floor and fail, so try again and get it. 200kg was first time. I guess with these heavy ass weights it's hard to nail perfect form but it does help highlight which muscles suck and which are strong.

Caporegime
Heh, I could get to three plates now really...as it'd be 120kg ;)

Our gym has a standard barbel (although it's got some weight to it actually :o) I've used the Oly bar a few times when I can be bothered to unrack it from the squat rack, it actually felt lighter for some reason =/

EDIT: Nice one LiE, awesome lifting, post them up when you can

Soldato
How would it be 120kg unless your bar weighs nothing

fuu i managed to record the lower down weights ok but i changed camera angle for the high ones to point at the mirror but it was too low :(

3lOtM.jpg
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can do overhead squats with a little weight, my shoulder flexibility is bad (owing to dislocation and physical lack of movement (i.e. not tendon issue) that only a major operation would fix) so locking out is quite difficult so I get nervous about using weight as I can't get it lined up properly very well :(

I can do normal lunges with a BB though. Never tried reverse lunges! :o

Love this pic though:

http://healthwellnesspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/reverse-lunge.jpg
I knew there was a reason I liked reverse lunges...

Are we talking BB on your back or clean grip though (front squat style)?

You may have been told you need surgery, but it's always worth doing some soft tissue work and mobilisation. It's free and it won't make anything worse.
THREE PLATE DEADLIFT **** YEAH
Nice!

Man of Honour
Heh, I could get to three plates now really...as it'd be 120kg ;)

Our gym has a standard barbel (although it's got some weight to it actually :o) I've used the Oly bar a few times when I can be bothered to unrack it from the squat rack, it actually felt lighter for some reason =/

EDIT: Nice one LiE, awesome lifting, post them up when you can
It's unlikely an oly bar would be lighter than a "standard" one.

Nice lifts scottomus0.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Watching the video back really not happy with my 200kg pull, was clearly too heavy for me. I'm going to take the weight back some and work on getting things right.

ice, feel free to rip it apart :) I can see the classic arse up and lower back/glutes take over. Pretty weak position to lift.

Caporegime
Watching the video back really not happy with my 200kg pull, was clearly too heavy for me. I'm going to take the weight back some and work on getting things right.

ice, feel free to rip it apart :) I can see the classic arse up and lower back/glutes take over. Pretty weak position to lift.
ice might disagree with me here, but other than the slight rise in bum before back, that's a good lift. I'd be chuffed with it, if that's your first 200k lift?

Well done either way.. 200kg @ 80kg is impressive stuff 2.5*BW!. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom