*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Someone watched me a few weeks ago and told me I was starting with my hips way too low and corrected my form in less than a minute. Fast forward a week and I try to get myself in the same position and my form turned to **** again.

Associate
Does anyone know of a good free app for Android where I can put my routine on? I have Jefit which is great but you can't change the routine..but it has animations for every exercise which can be helpful.

Soldato
Caporegime

Steedie...Following on from the other thread about me bulking to get some mass, should I start adding more instant oats to my shakes or think about getting on some Creatine or something?

I'd rather bulk and keep fat to a minimum, but I don't want to over feed on carbs. For instance I could change my two wholemeal wraps to pasta?

Just looking for some general advice on how to bulk up with my current setup, money is still an issue, so it needs to be the cheapest way really.

Also, anyone know where to get PLAIN penuts from? Asda do big bags of salted penuts, but they dehydrate you eventually :o

Soldato
Start looking in to cheap supermarket sausages and fish fingers, that sort of thing. They'll have protein fat and carbs all rolled in to one and be dirt cheap, as long as you're hitting the right macros it should do fine :)

Caporegime
Aye, I currently buy 20 Tesco Pork sausages in a freezer bag for something like £2, have those for breakfast.

Just thinking of foods for lunch really, currently having a chicken breast in wraps.

I drink loooooooooooads of water already, one because were in an air-con room, and the other due to the penuts :p

Soldato
Target attained! :D

34oqyc6.jpg

The bottom axis is a bit wrong, but I have gone from a low of 77.6Kg at the end of April, and as of today am 90.7Kg. BF% has gone up a bit, but so has lean mass and strength. Will probably start a cut now (Or maybe just after xmas) until April when I go on my expedition.

During the bulk I have been on about 3500-3700Kcal, but plan to drop to about 2500Kcal, and increase cardio, especially HIIT (Which nearly makes me pass out!) and cut the Creatine out. Any other suggestions for a rapid cut? Should I be cutting out more carbs than protein to get the calories down?

At the moment my macro breakdown looks like;

Protein: 366g
Carbohydrates: 257g
Fat: 131g

:)

Man of Honour
Just heard the most bizarre conversation ever, while sitting down in town by the gym.

"People who masturbate more are often held back in their gains because it can cause overtraining"

At this point I was expecting them all to laugh, but then they all continued a serious conversation about how it may or may not cause overtraining

Ummmm...thoughts? LOL

Associate
Can't wait to hit the gym properly next year.

Been stupidly busy with work so have have limited time of an evening to do anything else, see the missus etc.

I've just been doing a load of dips, chins and shoulder presses at home when I get chance.

Bring on next year! :D

Soldato
Just heard the most bizarre conversation ever, while sitting down in town by the gym.

"People who masturbate more are often held back in their gains because it can cause overtraining"

At this point I was expecting them all to laugh, but then they all continued a serious conversation about how it may or may not cause overtraining

Ummmm...thoughts? LOL

Depends how much you're having to lift ;)

Soldato

Ummmm...thoughts? LOL

I read a while back that viewing some sexy ladies before the gym raises natural test levels and has benefits :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom