*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I changed my mind over the stuff a few times but in the end, I figured I'd try and keep the price reasonable and then I can buy more plates if I need to.

Squat and Dip Rack - Decision based on the fact my garage has a low ceiling and I've used squat stands at my university gym plenty of times (confident on dumping the weight etc.)

Bench - Standard flat bench, I very rarely ever did incline or decline so it shouldn't be an issue.

Oly Bar + Plates (185kg) - As I said, I'll buy/borrow plates accordingly if needing to load more on the bar. Seemed sufficient for the time being.

I'll have the flooring sorted for deadlifts etc so it should all come together nicely. Only slight problem is due to the ceiling issue mentioned previously, I'll probably have to go outside for military press (just power clean it first.)

Total price was £445 after money off etc.

We don't have a decline in our gym, we just use a reebok step up thing to turn it into a decline bench. Not really ideal but does the job.

Of course your not going to want to go massively heavy, but I've not had it slip from under me. But then I use it with the smith machine if doing decline.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I can imagine the embarrassment as your colleagues walk in you doing some foam roller/lacrosse ball mobility on your glutes in the toilet!

"Honestly! I'm not rubbing myself on the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom