*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Finally after three weeks of dealing with powerhousefitness, I'm getting my squat stand, oly bar with plates and new bench delivered on Friday to set up at home. I'm a man of simple needs obviously. I've been doing strength training on and off for the past 18 months. 5X5, 3X5, RPT and now 5/3/1. Got tired of the gym atmosphere and having to wait for the power rack, so I made the decision (given the limited amount of equipment I actually need) to set up a home gym.

Can't wait to get back into a routine. :)

Pics when it's setup :)

Before after etc ;)

Associate
Wow kai that's not what you want, hope everything is ok now.

Gym again today, I'm still a little DOMzy from yesterday but I'm just about to do a mega mobility sesh to free some things up, tis gonna hurt.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally after three weeks of dealing with powerhousefitness, I'm getting my squat stand, oly bar with plates and new bench delivered on Friday to set up at home. I'm a man of simple needs obviously. I've been doing strength training on and off for the past 18 months. 5X5, 3X5, RPT and now 5/3/1. Got tired of the gym atmosphere and having to wait for the power rack, so I made the decision (given the limited amount of equipment I actually need) to set up a home gym.

Can't wait to get back into a routine. :)

Which items did you get from there? Was looking at trading in my Standard barbell set for an oly set and new rack and bench. Was looking at their stock :)

Associate
Which items did you get from there? Was looking at trading in my Standard barbell set for an oly set and new rack and bench. Was looking at their stock :)

I changed my mind over the stuff a few times but in the end, I figured I'd try and keep the price reasonable and then I can buy more plates if I need to.

Squat and Dip Rack - Decision based on the fact my garage has a low ceiling and I've used squat stands at my university gym plenty of times (confident on dumping the weight etc.)

Bench - Standard flat bench, I very rarely ever did incline or decline so it shouldn't be an issue.

Oly Bar + Plates (185kg) - As I said, I'll buy/borrow plates accordingly if needing to load more on the bar. Seemed sufficient for the time being.

I'll have the flooring sorted for deadlifts etc so it should all come together nicely. Only slight problem is due to the ceiling issue mentioned previously, I'll probably have to go outside for military press (just power clean it first.)

Total price was £445 after money off etc.

Soldato
Love to have a home gym with proper catchers, i'd probably push more

Me too, hence im looking at a different Squat stand from PowerHouse Fitness. Can get Stand, bench and 185kg Oly set from there for £420 :) Same as above, but can get a Squat Rack + Bench combo and then apply their winter coupon for more money off :D

Man of Honour
Rip ass out of jeans ---> need to buy new jeans ---> find new jeans after a couple of days of searching ---> new jeans rip in crotch on second day of use

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Soldato
Rip ass out of jeans ---> need to buy new jeans ---> find new jeans after a couple of days of searching ---> new jeans rip in crotch on second day of use
.....and repeat cycle :p

Back day today :D
Can feel a monster effort approaching! Might do a FreeFaller and calculate the total volume lifted.

On a side note, I have knee surgery next week :( hoping it "might" help, won't know for several months though.

Man of Honour
They were 36" waist! This happened as I got on my bike, meant I had quite a draughty cycle! Went for "straight fit" this time, maybe that was my error. As if skinny jeans would even get much past my knees... :rolleyes::p

Tomorrow, refunds or blood will be had.

Good luck with the op. Clipsey, let us know how it goes :)

Man of Honour
38" look incredibly silly. Considering that my waist is probably the biggest it's going to be, MC Hammer jeans aren't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom