*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Soldato
Well whenever I was arm wrestling my arm was stretched across the table and other guy had his arm nice and close to his body :p

noooo, it's all about the hand placement/position, it manipulates the other guy into not use his bicep in the wrestle, if I remember rightly.

One of my buddies got me doing it, once he told me how to do it he didn't stand a chance! :D

Man of Honour
Weekend of rest has done me good, I think. I'm going to warm up as thoroughly as usual this week, but hopefully my last week of silly volume will at least start off easier.

64% looks like this:
Squat 5x145kg
Bench 5x87.5kg
Deadlift 5x162.5kg

Going to change the volume slightly and do sets 6/6/8 squat/bench/deads today and 8/7/6 on friday. This way I'm not doing 8 sets of squats and deads on the same day. If all goes well I'm not going to take the unscheduled deload next week.

Man of Honour
225kg actually :) Kort 3x3 runs off projected maxes (5% increase from input), but I lowered my squat number because of my ankle problems. If I get a nice clean rep at ~220kg I'll be happy, then I can build from there.

Currently just under 90kg, my rest weekend was a little indulgent :D

Caporegime
Nicely done icecold :)

I think that is testament to technique > * too, if you don't mind me saying so. I certainly "found my strength" when I stuck to strict form. Makes me facepalm all that much harder when I see someone cheating their form to get that little bit of extra weight in their reps.

Leg night for me today. I will not be walking tall out of the gym. I will be crawling out.

Caporegime
I can definitely understand the caution if you've been having injuries.

As for deadlifts, yeah, definitely try to go up 5kg a session, that's pretty easy with deadlifts. I don't think I've ever used the 1.25kg plates on deadlifts except for on 1RMs.

Squats, you can definitely get away with a couple of sessions with 5kg increases, but I wouldn't do too many. A handful at most, then just stick with 2.5kg increases for squats.

Thanks again man, defo doing that for Deads anyway, and as said earlier today I went up 5KG on squats and managed them, so chuffed with that.

First time I've done them as mixed gripped always felt natural, definitely need to do some more DOH. My grip gave up on 100kg before my strength did, so think I will stick to DOH from now on till my grip builds itself up a bit as its weak as ****.

And any other noobs out there, I found this article to be a very good read and took it on board to do. Felt much better today.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ou_ignorant_when_it_comes_to_the_deadlift&cr=

I've always done DOH....No idea why, just was told to do so until grip started to fail...so far im okay :p

BEAST MODE!
Getting fired up for my gym session in an hour!

Delvis you must engage the beast mode before training!

You need to teach me!!!! :p

Man of Honour
Nicely done icecold :)

I think that is testament to technique > * too, if you don't mind me saying so. I certainly "found my strength" when I stuck to strict form. Makes me facepalm all that much harder when I see someone cheating their form to get that little bit of extra weight in their reps.

Leg night for me today. I will not be walking tall out of the gym. I will be crawling out.
Apart from celltech :p

I think that's probably true. Not that I've always trained with perfect form in mind, but when I started lifting with some experienced guys they commented that my form was naturally good (I was tight in the right places so my form would be less likely to break). The next 6 months will really be the test of this theory though, because I've spent ages tweaking, mobilising and stabilising so I should now outstrip my natural potential with more standard form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom