*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm really tempted to start my cut now :/ I'm sick of bulking with IF, it just doesn't work, I have no appetite in the evening! And I'm getting sick of having to force feed myself. What to do, what to do.......

Associate
Don't like his deadlifts , massive back arch.

Well, more of a rounding tbh. Arch usually refers to lordosis. And it's been addressed a million times, KK rounds his upper back while his lower back remains fairly flat and locked. I definitely feel it's more of an advanced manoeuvre, not just anyone can rock up and start trying to pull like that (and granted, not many people even think it's a good enough idea to even try). But it's working for him, no doubt.

Man of Honour
Don't like his deadlifts , massive back arch.
This is a situation where standard thinking goes out of the window; he's one of the best deadlifters in the world. If you look though, his lumbar is completely straight and doesn't move and inch, it's all thoracic. Nobody should train like this though, it only works for him because he's a freak of nature.

Associate
Still has a little visible abs, which is more than I can say for me. :D

EDIT: lol at him trying to shrug 350.

Last edited:
Caporegime
KK's my favourite lifter and has the physique I'd most like to have.

Edit: Beginning to really struggle with Zerchers now. The weights not too bad but the amount of energy they're taking is ridiculous :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
In an ideal world I'd be doing front squats instead of Zerchers but I don't have the flexibility to use the clean grip and I've always struggled with the cross armed grip. Zerchers provide a good alternative and hit the core hard meaning I don't need to do any direct ab work :cool: :D

Associate
In an ideal world I'd be doing front squats instead of Zerchers but I don't have the flexibility to use the clean grip and I've always struggled with the cross armed grip. Zerchers provide a good alternative and hit the core hard meaning I don't need to do any direct ab work :cool: :D

Try using straps to hold the bar for front squats.

image005.jpg

Caporegime
I'll tell you what works for me. I watch a couple of Zhasni videos on YouTube, then whack on the heavy metal music. Normally gets me going on the days I don't really feel totally up for it :D

Haha true, I tend not to train with music on mind...I could see headphone cables getting right in my way :p

This, every time before the gym i listen to disturbed/hardstyle while i get changed etc then a good zhasni soundtrack on the walk to the gym. So fired up when i arrive

Cool, didn't realise you was in to Hardstyle as well :)

I may start listening to stuff before the gym if I can, theres a 30 minute window where I'm usually on my own at the end of the day, so may be a good oppurtunity...That or put some on during my warm up

Soldato
Headphone cables don't get in the way really, i put mine underneath my top. The trade off of being able to train with my own music is soooo worth it though.

I go through phases, haven't listened to any in a while but getting back into it.

Associate
I can't train on heavy lifts with headphones. Just doesn't feel right. But is generally empty when I train and there's a stereo with a line-in plug for my iphone. :D

Caporegime
Headphone cables don't get in the way really, i put mine underneath my top. The trade off of being able to train with my own music is soooo worth it though.

I go through phases, haven't listened to any in a while but getting back into it.

Yeah I guess its true about the cable thing...Just never really thought about listening to music really...I used to when I started a couple of years ago, as I used to train at home, just haven't bothered this time round...

May look in to getting a small mp3 player or something, I dunno.

Likewise really, I used to be 100% metal :p Now more in to Dutch Hardcore and the likes...I guess I just like the 'heavyness' :o

In light of the conversations from last night, heres my leg session from today:

Squats:
1 x 10 x Bar
1 x 5 x 30KG
1 x 5 x 35KG

Jumped 5KG from last session as opposed to 2.5KG...God knows how it worked...:p

3 x 8 x 52.5KG
Dead happy with the above

Reverse Lunges:
3 x 8 x 12.5KG (each hand, 8 reps on each leg)

RDL:
3 x 8 x 45KG
Supersetted with:
Side Raises:
1 x 15 x 2KG
3 x 10 x 5KG

Calve Raise:
3 x 15 x 55KG

Front Raises:
4 x 8 x 7.5KG

One Armed Side Raises:
3 x 8 x 7.5KG

Finished with some rowing. My right shoulder (the bad one) was giving me a bit of jip....Hopefully not done anything to it, just needs to get stronger now I think. Although I can see my right shoulder 'drooping' compared to my left shoulder, sucks really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom