*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think Zhansis videos are ever so slowly drying up .Still good but his releases are nothing new, i guess they are limited with material

My motivational youtube list is up to about 42 atm :o

Loving "jessepete89"s channel, massive follower of Kai Greene, think hes made some good videos for him - he always has wise words. "Walleast" makes quite good videos too .Love Metal too - As mentioned Disturbed / Slipknot and stuff but again no new music being released these days that im really liking, keep going back to the old stuff

Really need to fix my exercise routine, this can be my work tomorrow :cool:

Man of Honour
KK's form is fine. Lower back has a good strong solid arch / neutral position, the upper back will round a little when you get to large loads. It's just nature it's just the way the body mechanics work.

Also in general 5 reps is generally the max amount of reps before your form will start to fail - however I seldom go over 8 reps anyway. The only times I do 10 reps or so are for rehab/mobility/stabiliser work.

Soldato
For me it's only one album while training;

Bullet for my valentine - Poison

It's insane!!

Bit of a result with my bench last night, last week managed 100kg @ 8/8/7

This week; 100kg 8. 105kg 8. 110kg 6.

Tried a 1RM at 125KG after and it went up like it was paper!! Very close to beating my old 135 max, will break the 140 barrier within the month, I swear it!

Incline, upto 46kg DB's afterwards on the bench :)

Caporegime
Nice one Tommy :) Going really well!!!

Recorded another squat video yesterday, back arch galore :o I'm so unflexible it's ridiculous it seems, even if I do stretch before hand.

EDIT: Here it is

Been talking with Monkee about it, it seems i'm exploding enough, but sadly my forms going. Getting some back arch and bum tuck for instance. Looks like some underlying mobility issue or i'm just pants :p

Even did some stretching / mob stuff before it as well, obviously not enough...Need to work on my core a bit more I think

Last edited:
Soldato
Always better for more knowledgable people to pass criticism on it, but I really find keeping my core and back tight when I squat is important, otherwise the back wants to break under the weight. Saying that, I front squat, where I think the core workout is much more intense.

Associate
Nice one Tommy :) Going really well!!!

Recorded another squat video yesterday, back arch galore :o I'm so unflexible it's ridiculous it seems, even if I do stretch before hand.

EDIT: Here it is

Been talking with Monkee about it, it seems i'm exploding enough, but sadly my forms going. Getting some back arch and bum tuck for instance. Looks like some underlying mobility issue or i'm just pants :p

Even did some stretching / mob stuff before it as well, obviously not enough...Need to work on my core a bit more I think

Try to focus on not drifting forward like that on the way up. You WILL lose that when you start putting weight on the bar. You may be focusing too much on trying to stay above those pins. Keep the bar over the middle of your foot, not your toes.

Caporegime
Try to focus on not drifting forward like that on the way up. You WILL lose that when you start putting weight on the bar. You may be focusing too much on trying to stay above those pins.

Just put the pins in for security really, as no one is about when I train (literally no one) so it lets me rack it if I get stuck.

Will do though, it seems my balance is terrible :p I'm either falling forwards or backwards ;)

Man of Honour
I can't see the vid - however I will agree with Monkee - core must be TIGHT! Really really concentrate on locking that core down HARD! If it starts to fail your form will to. You're basically using your core to be the "belt" that people use. The harder locked the core is, the easier the squat becomes.

If you start to tuck under, you're going too low for your flexibility. You don't want to start repping whilst tucking, long term you're not going to help yourself. So go a little higher until you get that flexibility, or alternatively, start letting your knees go forward (in line with your feet). An arch in your back is good :confused: don't know why people think it's not? It's a strong way for your body to be in during that movement.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Also in general 5 reps is generally the max amount of reps before your form will start to fail - however I seldom go over 8 reps anyway. The only times I do 10 reps or so are for rehab/mobility/stabiliser work.

That's why I use a belt for 531 because the aim is to hit as many reps. 8 reps at 170 were solid.

Associate
I can't see the vid - however I will agree with Monkee - core must be TIGHT! Really really concentrate on locking that core down HARD! If it starts to fail your form will to. You're basically using your core to be the "belt" that people use. The harder locked the core is, the easier the squat becomes.

If you start to tuck under, you're going too low for your flexibility. You don't want to start repping whilst tucking, long term you're not going to help yourself. So go a little higher until you get that flexibility, or alternatively, start letting your knees go forward (in line with your feet). An arch in your back is good :confused: don't know why people think it's not? It's a strong way for your body to be in during that movement.

I think people confuse arch (lordosis) with rounding (kyphosis).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Delvis looks to me like your dropping your chest at the bottom which is is causing your lower back to move.

Here's my video of my form recently where I nailed it pretty much, can I only go parallel as that's currently how flexible I am. on the 2nd angle you can see the back stays strong and the chest stays up. This is owed to pushing my butt out and holding the chest up. Drop the chest and you'll lose the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_hODqICpo

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks all, maybe I need to not go as low then, as thats where me butt starts to tuck after all.

I try and keep everything tight, must have had a blank that day :o Will keep butt out and chest 'up' more in future.

Man of Honour
Remember that there is a mechanical limit - if you get to bone on bone, you'll actually start to dislocate your hip slightly if you push it too hard and too low, until you've got that felxibility up.

Man of Honour
I think people confuse arch (lordosis) with rounding (kyphosis).

Yeah. Like on deads, as long as you've got a good strong lower back arch, a bit of rounding on the top of the shoulder when it gets very heavy is fine.

Same with squats, as long as the lower back and core is locked down shouldn't be an issue.

When I see the vid I'll be able to give my opinion better, but chest should be up, shoulder blades together (standard really :D :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom