*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I felt sick before doing 150x5 once, but didn't want to puss out. I just moved the gym's bin to the squat rack. Thankfully didn't need it.

As for ******** in the gym, I defer to Mark Rippetoe:

Mark Rippetoe said:
******** yourself when you deadlift was omitted from [Starting Strength]. The best way to avoid this is to not deadlift when you need to ****, and vice versa. Planning is the key here.

Associate
Never happened to me. I have been sick in my mouth though, but swallowed it and carried on. Like a boss.

The taste of dedication!

How long did it take you guys to perfect your forms? Particularly squat, because I've never done them and for some reason it's making me nervous moving to free weights.

Last edited:
Soldato
Following through would be a massive disaster, especially wearing shorts :D. i've had to let the odd one rip when squatting but I usually end up timing it to coincide when lots of pretty ladies come past (you can imagine an appropriate rage comic to insert here)

Soldato
after day1 legs my glutes and quads are showing a small case of the doms, but nothing to bad

day 2 work out Shoulders/Core/Calfs

Military Press 3x8
Shoulder Press 3x8
Front Raise/Up right Row super set 3x8x8 (light weight and work the neg's and contraction)
Lat Raises 3x8
Calf Raises 3x8
Hanging leg Raises 6x4
Plank 3x 45sec

unrelated to the above but heres a couple of recent videos really trying to work on squat and DL form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J82uMpjWMXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE1uxW9ebU

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
As said, almost there with the buttwink, the bane of my life also :p that stretch band looks familiar ;)

RDL more on the DL, you're having to go round your knees. Chin down too which I mentioned recently as I had the same problem.

Caporegime
Echo above, possibly looks like your breaking at your hips too much initially on the Squats? However it smooths out later.

On the deadlifts I would say hump the bar more, but that's just me

Caporegime
re: Squats vs squits. I always drop the kids off before a workout, but often find that after I'll need another one.

re: Sauna/steam room etc. I use the steam room for 30mins after a workout, but I've been reading lately that raising your body temp promotes cortisol. Which is "Not a Good Thing"™ to do, and coupled with your cortisol levels will be higher already (due to the exercise you've just done) you should not spend too long at all.

Also, if you are using them as an aid to losing weight, it's not going to help. You'll only sweat when in there, so you lose water - not excess fat. Though a good sweat is good for other reasons. Blood circulation, "cleaning out", skin cleansing, etc. :)

Caporegime
Just repetitiveness I guess? No idea.

It just randomly happens, although I have underlying issues with it...Yet you get monkeys throwing weights around however they like and never get an injury =/ Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom