*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Monkee, I did a deadlift form check today and on the last rep I did a slow negative to show how I RDL/return the weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sse5VSuPGYQ

Nice one, you got some funny looks there :p

That's awesome LiE, I'll really try and get that hammered on Friday. Can't believe how much drive you get thru your flutes tho man, I just can't generate that :/

Hump the bar dammit!!!! :mad:

http://youtu.be/UhMEsj_mReA

:p LiE does have insane glute drive, but its a good thing

Caporegime
Hello, I am presuming I'm allowed to re-heat rice? :p

P.S: Chest session last night:

Bench:
1 x 10 x Bar
1 x 5 x 30KG
1 x 2 x 40KG
2 x 5 x 60KG - Was supposed to be sets of 8, knew they wouldn't go up though, either way, pretty happy considering my max was 60KG, at least I'm doing that for reps now :)

1 x 2 x 60KG - Failed on the third rep
1 x 8 x 50KG

Inc DB Press:
1 x 8 x 15KG - Still not comfortable here, weirdly my left shoulder starts to hurt on these...As opposed to my dodgy right shoulder!

3 x 8 x 12.5KG

French Press:
3 x 10 x 20KG

Then finished with some curls yo

Associate
Knee mechanics are better, but not fixed. Use this post as a reference: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19584971&postcount=68

... and really smash the hamstring and medial hamstring work. Be very careful with what your feet are doing, the fact that they rotate inwards like that means you're really tight in your hips all the way down to your lower leg. It also looks like you could be flat footed, so have a read of this stuff.

Cheers m8, much appreciated for the advice. I'll keep at those stretches.

I don't believe my arches have collapsed but I'll have a read through everything you suggested, can't hurt to do those exercises as well.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Syla5 does DL in the rack off the very bottom catchers. He says it's because the plates don't roll around. The difference in hight isn't much, same as using 25kg plates on the floor (for me this is too high).

Can see him using it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE1uxW9ebU
I used it once but didn't get on, the way I dump my weights off would probably make too much noise.

Soldato
Eating on the train as out of town for the day in a meeting. Funny looks wehn I tuck in to my chicken salad with my fingers because I have forgotten my fork :(

Soldato
Syla5 does DL in the rack off the very bottom catchers. He says it's because the plates don't roll around. The difference in hight isn't much, same as using 25kg plates on the floor (for me this is too high).

Can see him using it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE1uxW9ebU
I used it once but didn't get on, the way I dump my weights off would probably make too much noise.

Yeah I do it to stop the rolling but as LiE says the starting position of the bar tends to be about an inch higher then 20kg plates from the floor. I actually think this could be impacting my form So gonna move back to the floor

Soldato
I've taken up climbing which I am using as part of my gym routine to get healthy.

Had a few disappointing gym sessions. Yesterdays was pretty poor as well.

Yesterday, I only managed 8 reps at my bodyweight, 6 reps on the chin ups with a 5kg weight on me and I was expecting to lift higher reps. I think mixing up narrow and wide-grip chin ups was what screwed me over though.

For some reason, I did some leg presses - 5x5s @ 40kg, 80kg, 100kg, 120kg, 130kg and I didn't get doms, but the week before I did the same range of leg presses, but stopped at 120kg and then did squats, of 5x5 @ 40kg, 50kg, 60kg, 70kg and 80kg and I had the worst doms ever for the next 4 days.

I think I'm going to stick to just the squats and sldls to see what happens this weekend when I do legs/shoulders. I am looking to go to the gym tonight and I'm going to start off with some chest and back work (including dls) before doing 15 minutes of rows. I want to reach 3000m tonight, as I did 12 minutes for just over 2500m last time.

I seem to have more definition now than previously, but I've changed my diet and I think I am taking a few calories than before because I was getting a bit of a belly.

Kind regards,

David

Caporegime
Just remember, as you've added the climbing in to your weekly routine, the gym may suffer from it...When I say suffer, I merely mean that you may or may not be able to do what you normally would be able to do, just due to tiredness really :)

Associate
Woke up ready to smash the gym and start my new plan routine whatever.
been put on my arse by man flu, migraine joints are aching need to goto shop, why does it have to be bright when i have a migraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom