*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yea those guys were doing some DLing in the rack, but not very well. Quite a few people watch me DL and Squat because it looks so totally different to what they normally see in the gym... says a lot really.
I've seen a few people copy what I do, one guy went straight to the catchers on squats :D I've decided that my current gym is too full of bros to give random advice out, but I've had a couple of guys ask, which is fine.
Yeah I do it to stop the rolling but as LiE says the starting position of the bar tends to be about an inch higher then 20kg plates from the floor. I actually think this could be impacting my form So gonna move back to the floor
If the bar isn't 9" from the floor and each rep isn't dead on the floor, it isn't a deadlift :)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Syla5 does DL in the rack off the very bottom catchers. He says it's because the plates don't roll around. The difference in hight isn't much, same as using 25kg plates on the floor (for me this is too high).

Can see him using it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE1uxW9ebU
I used it once but didn't get on, the way I dump my weights off would probably make too much noise.

I do that as well (sometimes) because of DWs stupidly shaped plates.

Man of Honour
I had that problem in my previous gym, very frustrating.

Just called Pullum about my broken lever belt. They're sending a new lever out tomorrow which is pretty awesome, just need to send the broken one back.

Soldato
interesting discussion and good to know about the DL etc.

I noticed from the video a over hand/under hand grip - is that just personal preference??

Associate
I have them and so do a few others here. Give your forearm quite a pump and be prepared to knock down the weight on a few lifts due to it being a lot harder :D

Have you noticed any forearm growth, or growth elsewhere that could be attributed to using them.

I think I read they could ease shoulder pain when doing bench pressing (an issue for me); any experience with that?

Soldato
Have you noticed any forearm growth, or growth elsewhere that could be attributed to using them.

I think I read they could ease shoulder pain when doing bench pressing (an issue for me); any experience with that?

Can't say I've used them with benching yet. Will have to give it a go. I basically got them when I had an operation on my Ulnar nerve (responsible for half my fingers losing their sensation) and would need to get grip strength back.

Soldato
Gym time in 25 mins chest day and looking forward to it

Bench 3x8
Dips 3x8
Inclined db bench 3x8
Tricep push downs 3x8
Standing flys 3x8
Cgbp 3x8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom