*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Oh absolutely a shake is a good way of helping control macros quickly and helping you forget about it, and I'm 100% in agreement there. :)

However, for the best recovery, just have protein and carb based meal (good carbs of course ;) As they help the absorption of proteins and help protein synthesis owing to the increased insulin release). However again, it's getting the balance right. Trial and error mainly unfortunately.

Man of Honour
Well you'll have more control over your insulin levels, but also it does mean you have to really put the effort into your diet to help be as anabolic as possible and insulin is vital for growth! Do you find it hard to put on weight?

Associate
I usally take 25g of whey, 5g of creatine and 100g of oats before my workout cutting oats to 50g as I may try a split routine as I long full body workouts with 3-5 exersizes for each muscle group I chose chest, legs, bi's, tri's, abs and pull ups for my back. It would result in a long hard session but it was probs too much but I seen massive strength, mass and some body fat loss increases over the 8 weeks I done it so im not complaining.

After it all I would take 25g of whey and 50g of dextros to give me some energy as my body couldn't move and felt like passing out :) I loved it! No pain no gain ;)

Now im wanting to create a whole new routine but don't know how to go about it, should I create a new thread with all my info and what I was doing before or just post it all in this thread?

Associate
Well you'll have more control over your insulin levels, but also it does mean you have to really put the effort into your diet to help be as anabolic as possible and insulin is vital for growth! Do you find it hard to put on weight?

Im the opposite bud. Im finding it hard to lose! Ive had a thyroid test and it was fine. I had one done as we thought my daughter may have had thyroid problems passed down.

Man of Honour
Ah you're the other end of the scale... a friend of mine is stick thin and diabetic but struggles to bulk.

Have you tried low carb diets, interval training and high intensity weight lifting?

Obviously don't do any sort of diet that will affect your health, at least not without speaking to an expert first. :)

Associate
Ah you're the other end of the scale... a friend of mine is stick thin and diabetic but struggles to bulk.

Have you tried low carb diets, interval training and high intensity weight lifting?

Obviously don't do any sort of diet that will affect your health, at least not without speaking to an expert first. :)

Heard of Dorian Yates? I followed his HIT program for a bit but I was pushing that hard I kept going light headed / feeling rough from it. Not really done low carb diets no. I have started having omelette for breakfast with 1 piece of toast which has cut some carbs out for breakfast.

Man of Honour
Sounds like the kind of thing that could be helped by mobilising your glut4 receptors to your muscle cell walls. Light exercise (at least) before and after eating.

Man of Honour
Heard of Dorian Yates? I followed his HIT program for a bit but I was pushing that hard I kept going light headed / feeling rough from it. Not really done low carb diets no. I have started having omelette for breakfast with 1 piece of toast which has cut some carbs out for breakfast.

Dorian Yates? Who's he?! :p

Light headedness will undoubtedly be owing to low blood sugar no?

His HIT routine is brutal, but man does it work. :cool:

Associate
Dorian Yates? Who's he?! :p

Light headedness will undoubtedly be owing to low blood sugar no?

His HIT routine is brutal, but man does it work. :cool:

I thought you must be joking when you said "Who's he?" haha. Yeah I loved his routine, my strength went up but it was a 4x split as well. Found it hard to train 4x a week at the time with having college/gym/girl friend/part time job. 4x is too good for someone who is natural. I wasn't having enough time to rest/repair

Soldato
OP
Just got done with today's session (love having this gear in my garage :D) and struggled on the bench press. My fault though as I was a muppet and tried to lift too much over the previous session - I'll best it next time :p (managed 45x5x4 and 45x4 before having to re-rack it).

Similar counting issue with the squats but only loaded 50kg on so apart from the initial confusion I managed just fine :)

Roll on sunday :D

Soldato
Delvis, they are the same people who are probably quite happy sitting at home watching loads of tv piling on the pounds. Our ancestors had to hunt for food and no doubt have well developed physiques, much closer to what gym goers have not these inactive soap box junkies.

Currently sitting in front of TV having demolished 12 Jaffa cakes in 5 minutes. NY is going well....

I think I'm about a 31/32 ATM. Would like to cut waist own...

I'd classify my bum as 'well sculpted' but it isn't huge....

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom