*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thanks guys, i was mainly just doing weighted pull ups, usually 4x8 reps with 20kg then then some single arm dumbell rows.

Soldato
Big leg session tonight, lots of volume on squats, nearly fell down the stairs to get to the changing room!! Going to enjoy my two days rest before hitting chest on Monday

Associate
I wasn't planning on doing them all in one session, just so that i have a choice of what to do as doing the same 2 exercises can give you a case of boreditis.

Thanks btw :D

Haha! Well use the same exercises just add 1kg each week. When you find it hard to them add the weight swap the exercises. Some people just swap/change exercises every 4-6weeks. Always do squats/deads/bench though! :)

Man of Honour
Unfortunate session, had to sack off the squats because the skin was falling off my back.

Was meant to be 6x6 of 180kg, got one set out then had to stop. Tried with less weight and it was like someone had superheated the bar. I blame using a terrible bar at a different gym last week, then accidentally using the Eleiko in my usual which always rubs for some reason.

Did lots of back work and some strict press so all was not lost.

Soldato
And not a single pussy pad was given that day. Your squat weight for reps is getting worryingly high, I suggest you drop the weight considerably so my 140x5 doesn't wet itself in fear when it comes out to play.

Do you do much front squatting? I'm still undecided on how wide a stance I should adopt. I used to always stay quite narrow, but now it's like I'm setting up for a sumo deadlift. Super wide, knees out, feet close to parallel, no knees over toes, etc.

Man of Honour
And not a single pussy pad was given that day. Your squat weight for reps is getting worryingly high, I suggest you drop the weight considerably so my 140x5 doesn't wet itself in fear when it comes out to play.

Do you do much front squatting? I'm still undecided on how wide a stance I should adopt. I used to always stay quite narrow, but now it's like I'm setting up for a sumo deadlift. Super wide, knees out, feet close to parallel, no knees over toes, etc.
177.5 for 10 was a lot, this program isn't going as well. Too many forced breaks, and being ill over new year appears to have kicked my arse!

I'm going to start fresh with PHAT for a couple of weeks and then do this: http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm

...which will give me a chance to sort out all of the kinks and give me a chance to recover properly. I start on a 137.5kgx6x6-8 squat, so you can tell yours to calm down :p. Deadlifts are going great and would have been fine, but I've only just fixed my bench before the weights start ramping aggressively in my program (not ideal) and something has changed in my squat, probably my ankle getting better, ironically.

My front squat was only at something like 110kgx10, massively limited by my ankle. Lower reps would probably be disproportionately higher. I like my stance relatively wide, I think similar to my back squat.
yeah 180kg for reps is quite unacceptable.
He's probably just mistaken lbs for kgs, let's just humour him.
;)

Soldato
Thanks guys, i was mainly just doing weighted pull ups, usually 4x8 reps with 20kg then then some single arm dumbell rows.
The trick to a big back is heavy compounds.

Deadlifts
BOR's
Chins

That's all you need. There's also a great side effect from performing these to their potential.... they help you grow great big traps and biceps too!! :D

Soldato
Does anyone find weekends hard when lifting? I think the norm would be people would overeat etc, but I am exactly the opposite! I find it hard to eat properly cos I am not in a routine with work / gym like during the week. All i've had today is 200kcals due to my porridge, and sleeping late has left me not feeling hungry at all! Ach well, having a big chicken dinner tonight, and about to head to tesco to buy this weeks food so I am sure i can pick up something calorie rich.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well 2 sessions in to the new year after a forced 2 month lay off thanks to a bum leg and im feeling better than i did after the first session. now to try and get mobile enough for football, season starts april so just hope i dont fall apart any more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom