*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Delvis, they are the same people who are probably quite happy sitting at home watching loads of tv piling on the pounds. Our ancestors had to hunt for food and no doubt have well developed physiques, much closer to what gym goers have not these inactive soap box junkies.

Man of Honour
Delvis, they are the same people who are probably quite happy sitting at home watching loads of tv piling on the pounds. Our ancestors had to hunt for food and no doubt have well developed physiques, much closer to what gym goers have not these inactive soap box junkies.

here bloody here.

Is it any surprise that Roman and Greek statues all have ripped men? That's because they had good physiques, owing to diets high in fats and protein, no refined or processed carbs. Lots of exercise and having to do real manual labour, carry armour etc...

Soldato
I believe they also had gyms of sorts. But a lot of Roman/Greek art was about overstating physical dimensions too; I doubt Julius Caeser was as well proportioned as his statues suggested, rather the art styling at the time dictated he was :)

/end geeky reply

Caporegime

Indeed...Ones is skinny and runs everywhere and the other has a pop-belly :p...So hey!

here bloody here.

Is it any surprise that Roman and Greek statues all have ripped men? That's because they had good physiques, owing to diets high in fats and protein, no refined or processed carbs. Lots of exercise and having to do real manual labour, carry armour etc...

Haha! I nearly said this to them actually! :)

It's scary how much carbs are around today....Processed etc

Man of Honour
I believe they also had gyms of sorts. But a lot of Roman/Greek art was about overstating physical dimensions too; I doubt Julius Caeser was as well proportioned as his statues suggested, rather the art styling at the time dictated he was :)

/end geeky reply

Well of course, like most rulers, it's about inflating your impression to your people. However, there's no denying that gladiators for example were tough men, or their legionnaires & soldires etc...

Soldato
Well of course, like most rulers, it's about inflating your impression to your people. However, there's no denying that gladiators for example were tough men, or their legionnaires & soldires etc...

Oh aiye I totally agree with you. It was just an opportunity to share one of those tiny fragments of knowledge that I've obtained over the years :D Two visits to Rome, glad something soaked in! :D

Man of Honour
:o

I was in the staffroom a second ago...And they were talking about people 'who go to the gym for weights'. They were commenting on how odd they look and how unnatural it is :o

Never know what to do in those situations...Made me want to cry really
Walk around doing a double bicep pose, knocking people over with your guns. Release a manly roar, then leave. They will now understand.

Welcome back Benny :)

Associate
All about the spartans baby! :D

STATUE-KINGLEONIDAS.jpg

Associate
Inside of my legs are still a little sore from squats on wednesday as it was my first session in two weeks, should I still go and do my deadlift session? Really raring to go haha.

Lost 2kg over christmas? 66Kg now :D best I have ever looked! :) Don't know how it was as I wasn't really watching what I eat more on the volume :p Don't seem to have lost any mass just a little strength and stamina, really need help on a new routine as I want to focus on getting my bf % down but not losing any strength or muscle mass.

Caporegime
Thats why I tend to do Squats Mondays, so your legs can have a decent deads session on the Friday :)

I'm in the same boat however this week and will be trying them regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom