*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have semi skimmed milk(maybe i should move to full ?) and 2 weetabix, i could move up to 3 lol, also I've been eating almonds as I've seen someone on here has them in his diet.

Yeah I damaged my finger playing football and hospital gave me anti-inflammatory's without stomach protectors and my stomach lining has been worn away (gastritis) now i think its turned into an ulcer.Takes bloody ages to get anything done over here.

This has affected my training as I don't want to aggravate it even more.

Man of Honour
Went for more volume on legs yesterday. Absolutely loved it! Will be doing it more often for sure

Back Squats
90kg x12
100kg x10
120kg x8
110kg x10
110kg x10

Leg Press Double Leg
100kg x 15
200kg x 10
240kg x 10
250kg x 10

Leg Press Single Leg (plus 10 double leg knees out widest feet end of each set)
50kg x 10 (x10)
80kg x 8 (x8)
80kg x 8 (x8)

Front Squat
40kg x12
60kg x10
70kg x10

Hamstring Curls
50kg x10
50kg x10
60kg x12

Lunges (Dumbbells)
32kg x16
32kg x16

Legs are absolutely fried today, which is unusual for me as it normally doesn't hurt until this evening or tomorrow :D

Also, been watching videos of IFBB pro girls doing straight leg deads this morning, it's such a beautiful sight

25903973-cry-gif-.gif

Soldato
Can you guys take a look at my work out and see if you can recommend a way to switch it up, im looking to develop my arms and chest more.

This is the Insanity upperbody weight training routine. I love it but i need more.

I want to keep the cardio part in because it really helps me out when on my bike and need to push trough the barrier

I do this 3 usually times a week and cardio other days,
The reps are first at 12 reps, then 10, then 8, each time increasing the weight .

360 Shoulder Presses
Pulse Bicep Curls
In-Out Abs w/Tricep Push-ups
Floor Sprints
30-45 second rest after each set.
2 min rest after final set

Same reps 12,10,8
Squat Bicep Curls
Fly machine
Elevated Tricep Dips
Power Jumps

Same reps 12,10,8
Full Rotation Flys
Push up w/Front Raise
High Knees w/Twist

Same reps 12,10,8
Full Rotation Flys
Push up w/Front Raise
High Knees w/Twist 30 sec, 20 sec, 15 secs

Same reps 12,10,8
Dumbbell Chest Press Leg Raise
Bent Over Rows into flys
Ski Abs, sets of 20, 15, 20

Cool down stretch

Man of Honour
Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a train this morning, bloody cold! So today's push session is off the cards.
Fingers crossed I'll be firing on all cylinders again by the end of the week and can squeeze it in over the weekend :)

Soldato
Thinking of changing things up a bit. I've taken some inspiration from Lies thread, although I want a little lean muscle on my upper body, as my legs have always been quite muscular, I don't want too much because I'm climbing now.

I want just enough that I look good and ripped, as progress has been very slow in the last 1-2 years and my diet discipline has been atrocious. I'm under the impression I just haven't been eating enough or hitting the gym hard enough.

Wednesday - Legs - Squats, SLDL, Calf Raises, 30 minute bike intervals or row

Thursday - Chest/Triceps - Bench Press, Incline DB Press, Dips, Cable Rope Push down, 30 minute bike intervals or row

Friday - Back/Biceps - Dead-lift, Lat Pull Down, Seated Rows, Chin ups, BB Curls, 30 minute bike intervals or row

Saturday - Shoulders/Core - DB Shoulder Press, Lateral DB Raise, Front BB Raise, Plank, 30 minute bike intervals or row

Sunday – CV/Climbing - 2-4 hours climbing/1.5 hours of CV work

Diet plan is as follows:

Training Day (5/week) - 2872Kcal, 234.72g Protein, 274.65g Carbohydrates, 78g Fat, 22.81g saturates. 1.5-2l liquids a day.

Non Training day (2/week) - 2432kcal, 185.92g Protein, 270.25g Carbohydrates, 49g fat, 20.05g saturates. 1.5-2l liquids a day.

Current stats: 5'10, 169lbs.

I'm concerned that the diet I have pained over for so long has too much protein on it but I think carbs are pretty spot on. I am hoping I can be steered in the right direction.

Kind regards,

David

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
David, to me it looks like you're half heartedly doing some of your muscle groups. Legs could do with 1 more exercise so you get enough volume. Why not try some supersets for things like triceps and biceps? It will allow you to really hit them hard in a similar amount of time.

Your core needs a bit of love, the plank isn't going to cut it by itself. Add in something else like lying or hanging leg raises.

From personal experience you will really struggle to hit a decent number of reps for Chin ups after doing back, probably better to do them after deadlift.

Diet wise, I think you need to eat more. You need to be eating a calorie surplus to gain mass but right now you're just hitting your BMR on training days.

Your BMR is 2827, so you want to be eating atleast 200-300 cals over that to start with. On non-training days you should be very close to this number too, not 400 calories down.

Soldato
Many thanks for your recent e-mail LiE - I have some work to do still!

I'm thinking since you pointed out triceps/biceps superset:

EZ-bar preacher curl/rope pushdown then Seated dumbbell curl and Narrow-grip barbell bench press

Calories wise, I should probably go for 3127 on training day and 2927 on non-training day.

Many thanks and kind regards,

David

Soldato
Your core needs a bit of love, the plank isn't going to cut it by itself. Add in something else like lying or hanging leg raises.

I get visions of him sat in a gym literally 'planking' on a gym mat :p

I don't do any core work, yet still have abs/obliques/serratus (w/e they're called), I put it down to;

- OHP
- Deadlift
- Pullups

Probably some genetics in there too..they are there, not necessarily strikingly obvious give nmy current BF% :p

Soldato
Allo allo! :D

Hey lads, it's been ages since I dropped in here.

Just some news, and I'm feeling about 80% better since the last time I popped in.
Still tender and I still get nerve pain in my right leg and lower back. The doctors are now considering the chance of me having permanent sciatic nerve damage.

If so, that's fine. At least I know I'll have the pain all my life and it's not a recurring problem with my actual spine.

I'll be back to college next week, and oh hell is it going to be tough catching up on an entire Honours add-on year in only 2.5 months before exams and projects due :mad:

I should be swimming daily in a warm pool and sitting in a sauna. Unfortunately there's no heated pool nearby and only place with a sauna is in a hotel that wants like 150 a month :confused: :rolleyes:

So starting next week I'll be back to training ( once I'm off muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories) . Although I'll be spending most my time on a Cross trainer. No weights yet.

Have to admit, I'm extremely nervous to go back to any sort of exercise.
I've not done anything since last summer, and I got sent back to hospital after carrying some shopping back in January. :eek::(

I'll try and get some pictures on here for some Before-After thing I'll be going for. Also need to weigh myself. Not looking forward to that.

I've been lying on my back eating crap for 9 months now. I certainly have a bit around I can grab hold of hahaha.

I blame all the doughnuts and fish pies. Hmm... :D

EDIT: Oh noes...just measured my my calves and they're 14.2 Inches right now. :(
I don't want to wear shorts anymore now. Lost so much muscle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom