*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
lol no one said you have to do back squats, just squats ;)
Solid leg workout, did you find the SDL hit the hamstrings enough? I think I'm spoilt by the my deadlift in that posterior chain is pretty tough so don't feel much from RDL/SDL. I still do RDL because it hits other muscles, but I found GHRs totally destroy my hamstrings - week long doms baby!

Man of Honour
Yeah definitely feel them, a lot more now I don't go as low on the way down, as soon as I feel tension in my hams, I'll go a tiny bit lower then that will be it. Also by sticking my bum further back they come in to play a lot more.

I never used to do them, but now I've found the form that works for me, I do them nearly every session as they always feel fried the next day

Soldato
Without thinking I've put 310mg of caffeine in my body pre-workout. Not a smart move. It's normally 200mg and am buzzing enough off of that, right leg won't stop twitching at my desk :( lol

Soldato
if those stars appear right after hitting this 150kg, then it shan't be a problem!

I drank one of the cheapy redbulls, and then popped a 200mg caffine tab as force of habit.

Last edited:
Soldato
The one and only sign of a good leg session :D

Haha, I beg to differ :mad:

At anyrate, I've been able to up my crosstrainer work to 35 minutes and more incline and resistence.

Also managed to start getting my dips up to BW x10, for 3 sets without any problems.

Giving the pullups and chinups a break for the sake of my back.

Cannot wait to start doing anyform of weights again.

dod

dod

Soldato
Cannot wait to start doing anyform of weights again.

If it's any consolation I did the disk between L3/4 about 6 years ago. I'll never lift heavy weights but what I do manage has helped significantly. The cramps have stopped, the sciatica is a lot less troublesome, it does get better.

The only things I really need to be careful with now are deadlifts, too much strain leaves me feeling it for a few days, and Good Mornings, they really mess me up, so I've stopped them. :)

Soldato
If it's any consolation I did the disk between L3/4 about 6 years ago. I'll never lift heavy weights but what I do manage has helped significantly. The cramps have stopped, the sciatica is a lot less troublesome, it does get better.

The only things I really need to be careful with now are deadlifts, too much strain leaves me feeling it for a few days, and Good Mornings, they really mess me up, so I've stopped them. :)

I was told flat out, no powerlifting again. Specially no deads of squats.

Considering a heavy shopping bag wrecked me in January I'll be happy with lightweights and good fitness. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I feel for the guys with back problems. I had very bad sciatica for years with a protruding disc between L5/S1. Stairs weren't the worst, for me it was having to get up and down from a seated position. Driving was the worst, especially with a manual as it was my left leg that had the sciatic pains. But having to get in and out of the car was very painful.

Luckily, now most of that has gone away and I have since squatted 180kg and deadlifted 200kg. :) My back has been much better since I started lifting.

Soldato
I feel for the guys with back problems. I had very bad sciatica for years with a protruding disc between L5/S1. Stairs weren't the worst, for me it was having to get up and down from a seated position. Driving was the worst, especially with a manual as it was my left leg that had the sciatic pains. But having to get in and out of the car was very painful.

Luckily, now most of that has gone away and I have since squatted 180kg and deadlifted 200kg. :) My back has been much better since I started lifting.

That's good to hear!

My situation might have been different if I wasn't stuck with an incompetent doctor for 4 months. As soon as I got a scan they all got a surprise.

Hopefully my sciatic nerve will heal from that little bone shard that got at it. Sadly missing most of my disc between L4 and L5

I've my pains in my right leg. I lift my left leg, get pain in the right leg. I lift my right leg I still get pain in it. Still can't sit up straight from lying on my back. I need to tuck my knees up and roll onto my side before getting up.

Still extremely angry I missed out on my 3x body weight deadlift by 5kg. :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
That's good to hear!

My situation might have been different if I wasn't stuck with an incompetent doctor for 4 months. As soon as I got a scan they all got a surprise.

Hopefully my sciatic nerve will heal from that little bone shard that got at it. Sadly missing most of my disc between L4 and L5

I've my pains in my right leg. I lift my left leg, get pain in the right leg. I lift my right leg I still get pain in it. Still can't sit up straight from lying on my back. I need to tuck my knees up and roll onto my side before getting up.

Still extremely angry I missed out on my 3x body weight deadlift by 5kg. :mad:

That's rough. :(

Back injuries are one of those things though. You never really know what's going on and what's going to happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom