*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
interesting discussion - i was just thinking that yesterday when at the gym about the running shoes I had on. Felt that I was not that stable.

Looks like some flat converse or alike will do for now

dod

dod

Soldato
First time I've done legs for a couple of weeks for a number of reasons and they're knackered just now, gawd knows what they're going to be like tomorrow.

Squats 7X7, 6X6 and 5X5 with 50kG, then 5X10X85 extensions and 5X10X60 Hamstring Curls.

Oh, and someone said I go too deep on squats :D

Associate
First time I've done legs for a couple of weeks for a number of reasons and they're knackered just now, gawd knows what they're going to be like tomorrow.

Squats 7X7, 6X6 and 5X5 with 50kG, then 5X10X85 extensions and 5X10X60 Hamstring Curls.

Oh, and someone said I go too deep on squats :D

I often get the urge to vomit in the face of people that try to tell me this.

Man of Honour
Yeah I've noticed this on myself. If I go much further than parallel my form goes to ****, ass dips riiight down and properly bend my lower back like a boss. I think I need to do some of that funky stretching stuff I've seen in the other threads but it looks like magic so I've been a bit apprehensive.

Caporegime
Well...Took the plunge today, started on some light core work and some cardio...

Basically did some cycling, followed by some planks and reverse crunches. Then did a small amount of time on the cross trainer.

Been so long I thought I was going to collapse (that and my CV fitness is poor on the best of days!)

So pain in the back while there...But again, pain when im sat here :( It's so daft

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yeah I've noticed this on myself. If I go much further than parallel my form goes to ****, ass dips riiight down and properly bend my lower back like a boss. I think I need to do some of that funky stretching stuff I've seen in the other threads but it looks like magic so I've been a bit apprehensive.

Low bar squat you can't really go deep without things going pear shaped.

Associate
strong lifts 5 by 5

squats 80kg
deadlift 110kg
overheard press 55kg
pull ups -50kg (I can not lift my own body weight shocking)
Core planks,side planks,leg raises, sit ups, good mornings 25kg

BW 108kg booo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom