*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Got talking to some guys down at my gym and asked if they wouldn't mind giving me some tips on my deadlifts, I ended up spending a good hour with them working on my form and watching their lifts.

Absolutely smashed my record.

5x80 (old max)
5x100
5x120
5x130
1RM 140

Also managed to get my C&J to 50kg

Chuffed :D

So what did you work on? Congrats on destroying your PB :D

Associate
So what did you work on? Congrats on destroying your PB :D

The biggest mistake I was making was that I wasn't sitting into the lift, and surprisingly (to me) how much of a difference it makes when to breath in/out.

Driving through the heels with chest up and a big exhale as I come up helped me a lot :D

Last edited:
Associate
What a rubbish week ive had! been ill for the whole of it and some more :o had like a double cycle of symptoms which sucked, think there is something going round . However on the upside i have much more free time over the next few months and it also allowed me to cycle off the creatine . Hope to do some deadlifts tomorrow :)

Soldato
9 hours sleep in the past 3 days made this session harder than it should have been XD

Squat
5x 92.5
5x 107.5
7x 122.5

Leg Curl
8x 40
8x 55
8x 70

Leg Ext
8x 70
8x 100
12x 100

Chins
5x5 BW - Legs extended

Wrestling/Rolling

My shake after was glorious, true whey milk choc and instant oats in water and it congealed to make an awesomely thick and smooth milkshake. Tempted to go make another one :D

Soldato
I'm just going to post here as I have been going to the gym for a month, five times per week for an hour and a half. I sort of feel like a gym rat. :p

I'm not lifting that much weight, I'm mainly working on doing more reps and just getting a bit more toned. But I can notice a pretty big difference, even in such a small amount of time. Going with friends makes it enjoyable, and it motivates one to do more painful exercises when you're doing them in a group. :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm just going to post here as I have been going to the gym for a month, five times per week for an hour and a half. I sort of feel like a gym rat. :p

I'm not lifting that much weight, I'm mainly working on doing more reps and just getting a bit more toned. But I can notice a pretty big difference, even in such a small amount of time. Going with friends makes it enjoyable, and it motivates one to do more painful exercises when you're doing them in a group. :p

Can you explain a bit more about your training, it's possible you could be doing things more effectively.

Associate
Not had a rest day since last sunday but still feeling pretty good :D
5/3/1 week 2 and went a 5 mile run out in the sun which I've not done since last year which I couldn't even complete. Now Im practily sprinting it! :D Friday (after gym) saturday and today consisted of 12 hr shifts of splitting very large logs and painting the outside of a house which was pretty demanding.

Came so far in these past 5 months, look amazing, got good strength, Im a completly different person now and I get to show it of as summers comming up hehe watch out ladies ;)

Anyways looking foward to 5/3/1 tomorrow as I get to do some 1+ RM :)

Caporegime

Toned? :confused:

Lift heavy. ;)

Soldato
Decent amount of sleep and feeling pretty good :) have some leg doms but nothing terrible.
Training today depends on who's free and when otherwise it could be me and my ipod for some punchbagering.

Man of Honour
Did some sumo deads today, my what a different feeling. The bar comes up SO slowly! Feels good, but felt utterly fried, after 210kg the bar just wasn't coming up, though surprisingly my form was a lot more solid.

Soldato
What's wrong? Darth Vader just chopped off your hand?

Oh, and also quite chuffed with my 60kg 3x8 on bench press. I can remember when 65kg was my 1rm, idea of bashing out 3x8 so casual seemed bananas!

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving deadlifts again!! After a dodgey hammy from about 6 months ago, fancied a session so popped up the gym for 35 minutes on sunday;

spent a good 5 minutes making sure my form was correct before jumping in, not risking a dodgey back!!

60kgx12 WU
100kgx5
125kgx5x3
140kgx5

Thought ahh screw it let's try my old PB;

185kgx1
192kgx1
200kgx1!!!

Was over the moon, probably got another 10kg in there when I 1RM properly, weird how after such a long time DL strength hasn't diminished.

Hope everyone is psyched and ready for this weeks training!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom