*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Insane chest doms still from monday now making friends with the lat doms from yesterday. So much pain :cool:

Also last night in the gym i looked by far the most vascular i ever have done and even a little dry in places especially delts. Bicep vein was popping out like mad during curlz :D

169lbs and dropping :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
had a pretty pants shoulders session last night but core and calfs work was good.

Military press 50x8 52.5x6 52.5x6 40x4 (last week was 45x8 50x8 55x8!)
Calf raises 60x10 65x9 65x8
DB Shoulder 20x12 20x11 20x11 (someone using the only set of 22.5's :()
Ab Roller 3x10
Lat Raises 10x8 12.5x8x2
Laying Leg raises 3x10
Front BB raise (two variations super setted) 15x8x3

Mainly disappointed with my Shoulder strength i seem to be hitting similar plateau's that i hit previously, might change things up a bit and do a little more for my shoulders as progress everywhere else seems to be reasonable.

Post workout at home in from of the TV 30 mins of stretching and soft tissue work, damn you Mr Lacrosse Ball for bringing the pain :eek:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Shoulders
Back
Chest
Legs

That's how I roll. I do Mon,Tues and Thurs,Fri but this week I'll be doing Mon-Thurs because Friday is bank holiday. Will be interesting to see how it affects my bench press tonight.

Soldato
As ever don't believe everything you read on the net, especially BB forums! They're the worse! :D

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE milk, yoghurt, cream, cheeeeeeese! However, since cutting back significantly, I have felt a LOT better. Although I am not lactose intolerant - it's has helped lean me out, and improved bowel movement and digestion.

I lost 10kg since december cutting back on the dairy a lot.

No more Hot chocolates before bed, yogurts are out, cheese is still there, very little though. I basically have one glass of milk a day with breakfast now.

It really helps, and makes you feel less bloated. I love dairy though, all things dairy is OM NOMABLE!

Yeah, not too bad price wise in all honesty...It's just expensive to me as I'm a poor arse at the moment :D Although slowly getting finances back up now hopefully.

So glad you're back on it chap, should be pleased you can train at least a little bit :)

I know what you mean, funds are tight these days for me as well.

Thank a lot mate, I love doing something physical again. Still suffering from forearm and chest doms are Monday's training haha.

You best get yourself fixed as well, still so many things to lift :cool::D

I'm off today to my folks' for a long weekend, little do they know I'm mainly coming to raid their box freezer of all it's meaty goodness. :D

Caporegime
Am trying buddy! :) It's been painful not being able to train :o

On a side note...I just watched a vid of my squat from February...Can pretty much tell you why my lower backs probably screwed up due to the insane butt wink I seem to have developed that day :o

Time to smash the hams I think!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
3 scoops of whey per day and 500ml milk don't do me any favours. I'm trying to work on a diet that is less reliant on whey. Problem is to replace my 2 x oat 1 x whey shakes I'll need to be eating a bucket load.

Soldato
Just had my breakfast, going to head to gym in about an hour.

Lower body warmup as per http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3278764110418040656# not sure what I will do for upper

Deadlifts - 3x8 still keeping it light, trying to work on pushing through with heels
DB shoulder press - 3x8
BOR - 3x8
DB flys - 3x8
Either neg chins or lat pull downs - 3x8

Stretch - not sure what to do here either, just normal stretches I guess.

3 scoops of whey per day and 500ml milk don't do me any favours. I'm trying to work on a diet that is less reliant on whey. Problem is to replace my 2 x oat 1 x whey shakes I'll need to be eating a bucket load.

Why not just replace whey with pea protein or hemp protein?

Soldato
Am trying buddy! :) It's been painful not being able to train :o

On a side note...I just watched a vid of my squat from February...Can pretty much tell you why my lower backs probably screwed up due to the insane butt wink I seem to have developed that day :o

Time to smash the hams I think!

Oh yes, once you get into a bad habit with your form it'll only get worse later on. It's hard to notice unless you have a spotter that knows what to look for.

Good thing you found it now, before going back and getting worse.

Caporegime

You still on your fry-ups for breakfast?

Could change to porridge again as that will naturally take the oats up in line with the shakes surely? Then you can always add a scoop of whey in to it as I / others do...?

Might be worth having some boiled eggs or something later in the evening :p

Caporegime
Oh yes, once you get into a bad habit with your form it'll only get worse later on. It's hard to notice unless you have a spotter that knows what to look for.

Good thing you found it now, before going back and getting worse.

Tell me about it...I tend to video my form every so often, and it was never that bad...But the video just seems to be near to the time I did myself in, so it probably contributed.

Just need to be more aware of it, that said, I'm still new to it all relatively speaking in comparison to people on here...So hey, it's still a learning curve :)

Soldato
Happy day at the gym for me today

Squat - SL5X5 - 90kg
OHP - SL5X5 - 47.5kg
Deadlift - 5x80, 3x100, 5x115 - I had to swap to the alternate grip on the 5th rep as my right hand just couldn't hold on with the overhand anymore.

Then did a 20 minute Calisthenics circuit - 20sec on 30 secs off with Press ups/Squat Jumps/Lumberjacks/Sit ups/Tricep dips/Back Extensions/ 3mins rest and repeat.

I'm very happy with the progress so far, I had only done the 87.5kg squat yesterday so pushing it through today was tempting fate, but I managed it. Rest until Saturday now :D

Soldato
Syla5, chest lifts may be affected by your shoulder training yesterday, something to be mindful of if you wonder why it feels harder :)

I am all confused, do you mean that my chest lifts tonight might be affected by my shoulders last night or do you mean that my shoulders were affected by my mini chest session on monday?

for everyone else my current split is:

Monday: Legs/mini chest
Tuesday: Shoulders/Core/Calfs
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Chest/Triceps
Friday: Back/biceps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom