*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Isn't that a more squishy 86kg...? :p

Thanks mate, it's coming together at last.

It's good to see you enjoying training again as well. You've got the perfect excuse to swolify your broceps :D

Sooo squishy! I'm down to 75kg at the moment at least.

Haha, swolify my broceps? They were always my weakest parts, so you're right. Now I have an excuse to swolify them haha.

Still feel weird doing it though.

Caporegime
No chalk in the gym seriously sucks. Got 140kg up and I could just feel it go ended up bouncing a bit! Didn't even dare try a 145-150 without chalk.

Associate
With regards to the nutrition debate going on here, are there any particularly good links to arguments against dairy etc.

Purely interested as I consume a lot of milk.

Man of Honour
There's lots out there - just google it. The simple fact is we haven't evolved enough yet to digest bovine milk. Some can deal with it, however, the best way is to consume non pasturised stuff - but that's hard to find. However, then a lot of cow hormones as well as diseases can get transferred into it too - so it's a balance as the nutritional content is also high.

Caporegime
5/3/1 - Week 2, Bench

Much better tonight. Didn't get the 10 reps I wanted on my + set but that was down to rep strength rather than CV fitness or form so there's little I can do about that until my body gets used to high rep sets.

Bench Press 5/3/1

100 x 3
115 x 3
127.5 x 9

Bench Press 5x10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Inverted Rows
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

Time = 46 minutes

Associate
There's lots out there - just google it. The simple fact is we haven't evolved enough yet to digest bovine milk. Some can deal with it, however, the best way is to consume non pasturised stuff - but that's hard to find. However, then a lot of cow hormones as well as diseases can get transferred into it too - so it's a balance as the nutritional content is also high.

Just spent half an hour reading a few BBing articles but most were advocating rather than advising against (unless lactose intolerant). May well try cutting it out just to see if it is responsible for the bloat I get.

Something to add on to the To Do list after exams anyway.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You probably will be in a week or two. Got 120 x 10 last week so 122.5 x 10, if you manage it, should put you slightly ahead of me. Beast deadlift btw :)

Bench Press doesn't scale across as easily as others. When you fail the set its over. With deadlift or sqaut you can take a few breaths and dig deep for another rep.

I'm still pleased my strength is going in the right direction.

Man of Honour
Just spent half an hour reading a few BBing articles but most were advocating rather than advising against (unless lactose intolerant). May well try cutting it out just to see if it is responsible for the bloat I get.

Something to add on to the To Do list after exams anyway.

As ever don't believe everything you read on the net, especially BB forums! They're the worse! :D

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE milk, yoghurt, cream, cheeeeeeese! However, since cutting back significantly, I have felt a LOT better. Although I am not lactose intolerant - it's has helped lean me out, and improved bowel movement and digestion.

Soldato
Bench
5x 67.5
5x 77.5
10x 87.5

Boring but big 30s rest
10x 60
10x 60
10x 60
10x 60
10x 60

Standing single arm press
8x 14
8x 16
8x 18

Standing barbell press
10x 40
10x 45
9x 45

Crosstrainer, stretch, done.

MMA tonight was brutal but glorious :)

Associate
Oh I'm not doubting that at all, thats why I was hoping for something with a little more scientific basis along the lines of the leangains articles, at least he makes an attempt to cite and analyse properly.

Man of Honour
leangains isn't any more scientific than most other broscience sites. My subscription to harvard medical journals has run out so I can't download one for you. I'll ask around to see if I can get my hands on scientific research.

Associate
Dont worry yourself too much, although if you have any idea what the name was there's a high likelihood I may be able to get it through the Uni's subscription to Jstor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom