*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What shoulder exercises does everyone do?

I have been doing BB military press and DB front raise (simultaneous). But I think that BB military press and BB upright row might be better because military press targets the anterior and upright row targets the lateral deltoid.

Thoughts?

Spent a second there wondering how you were managing to BB military press and DB front raise simultaneously. :D

Soldato

I have been doing BB military press and DB front raise (simultaneous). But I think that BB military press and BB upright row might be better because military press targets the anterior and upright row targets the lateral deltoid.

Thoughts?

I was under the impression that the BB Military Press targetted all heads ont he shoulder.

Soldato
i walk straight out of the gym after my last rep, please don't hate me.

Same, come at me haters

Btw, I saw Mork and Mindy in the gym today.

Mork was squatting about 110 but not even going parallel yet was making also sorts of powerlifting grunting sounds. Mindy was only lifting about 60kg but spent more time staring at the weights than actually lifting them. Both walked straight out of the gym after their last rep, no stretching, nothing.

The more I learn the more I see just how bad a lot of people are in the gym. Nobody warms up, stretches or does any mobility stuff. I'm surprised some of the people are as big as they are.

Guilty as charged.

Soldato

Thoughts?

I did standing OHP and switched to DB press very recently, usually switch between them every couple of months for variety!

Soldato
I finish my last rep, then do 10 mins cardio then shower then home.

Mobility and stretching is done in front of the tv in the evening :)

Soldato
Guilty as charged.

Are you Mork or Mindy?

Who said anything about hating? Stop being so sensitive :p

After training is a perfect time to work on any sticking points you have. I can't believe you're all super supple.

To be honest I only ever used to do a bit of mobility but doing the pre-squat mobility drills has opened up my eyes, big time :eek: Only ever used to do a quick stretch PWO but trying to do more now and mobility on my days off too. I've also decided that, to save time, I will start stretching between sets as I come towards the end of the session. It helps that I do legs and upper body every session so I can stretch of legs whilst working out the upper.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Btw, I saw Mork and Mindy in the gym today.

Mork was squatting about 110 but not even going parallel yet was making also sorts of powerlifting grunting sounds. Mindy was only lifting about 60kg but spent more time staring at the weights than actually lifting them. Both walked straight out of the gym after their last rep, no stretching, nothing.

The more I learn the more I see just how bad a lot of people are in the gym. Nobody warms up, stretches or does any mobility stuff. I'm surprised some of the people are as big as they are.

I tend to just focus on my own workout now, no point in entertaining some people that go to the gym, I always start off with rowing or elliptical to warm up, quick 10 mins on them to get blood flowing. I have a theraband use that in the morning and at night, would take it to the gym but dont want to look like a freak.

Seen some people walk in with full tracksuit on hat and boots and start lifting weights like they have come from a fashion shoot. Plus people that throw weights around and just treat the place as their own personal gym.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seen some people walk in with full tracksuit on hat and boots and start lifting weights like they have come from a fashion shoot. Plus people that throw weights around and just treat the place as their own personal gym.

Tracksuit is not as out of place as jeans a short sleeve shirt! One guy today didn't leave a bench for as long as I was in there, he was sat on it doing biceps! For over an hour! Madness.

I think some people are too cool for stretching, innit :cool:

(p.s I ain't not hater, dawg)

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My personal hate is those 'guys' who drop big weights all the time i.e. 40kg + dbs. They do it so people know they are hardcore and lifting the 'big ones'. To me, it looks like they can't control the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom